Why go for Oracle HCM?https://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementOracle PeopleSoft HCMUnspecified7.74411012016-01-19T22:04:02.016Z
Updated July 21, 2016
Why go for Oracle HCM?
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle PeopleSoft HCM
Oracle PeopleSoft HCM is used by the entire organization to manage HR and payroll. I've been using this product for over 10 years now in various industries such as retail and health care. Business is more streamlined and processes are easier set when using the Core HR and NA payroll modules in PeopleSoft. It's easier to train folks on the new releases and upgraded versions. It helps the business stand on par with today's technology with each new release/update.
- Benefits include streamlines payroll processing for small, mid and large size companies/organizations.
- Easier to manage HR data such as employee personal info, education, job info and track effective dated records. Helps maintain records of data - all in one place.
- Easy to integrate with various systems such as timekeeping, business intelligence, data warehousing, archival etc. Robust in these domains.
- Encryption of data is one persistent issue where users have to develop programs to perform the same. Would like to see more options and powerful encryption techniques for data masking.
- Oracle's timekeeping system has long had competition from vendors such as Kronos, workbrain etc. If Oracle's product could cater to all these needs - we wouldn't have to undergo the trouble of integrating a third party system with Oracle PeopleSoft HCM.
- Learning Management System is another area which can be greatly improved by Oracle instead of integrating with third party vendors such as sum total etc.
- Definitely better customer satisfaction is gained due to training tools for new releases and upgrades.More features have been introduced with each upgrade which boosts this satisfaction index.
- Adhoc scheduling of reports for business users helps reduce manual work and in turn increases productivity.
- Business intelligence/data warehousing is more complex to integrate with HCM and requires multiple conversion tools and programs to streamline data. This can be avoided if PeopleSoft EPM can cater to all functionalities as in other third party BI tools.
Oracle PeopleSoft HCM is well suited for human capital management (HCM) - HR, payroll, benefits for mid size and large organizations. It is very robust and functional in use. It is easy to maintain with multiple support across platforms to suit various client needs. Cons are - you need to integrate with various systems for other modules such as timekeeping, data warehouse, learning management systems. It would be nice to have Oracle developed modules for these which can provide a stiff competition to other third party vendors.
Oracle PeopleSoft HCM Feature Ratings
Using Oracle PeopleSoft HCM
Oracle HCM has been around for more thab a decade and is a preferred package to use for Human capital management.Ease with which upgrades happen and how updates are pushed has come thru a long way of improvement and research over the years.Oracle has moved toward cloud based architecture which will help in its customers keep at par with current industry trends.