SRM: helping to manage social
April 12, 2016
SRM: helping to manage social
Score 8 out of 10
- Oracle Social Marketing
- Oracle Social Engagement & Monitoring
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Social Relationship Management (SRM)
The organization I work for uses Oracle SRM to publish social media posts daily, engage with responses, and analyze results derived throughout the web that shows how our posts are being received and responded to. Currently, it is being used with other Oracle Suite products in one division of our organization. It addresses business problems of being able to measure results and see what content is most beneficial for the customer and organization.
- SRM measures results very well. I rely on the tool to show me measurements such as sentiment, share of voice, and traction our messaging is getting in the industry and with customers.
- SRMs Engage platforms helps me look at our content that is being shared, liked and commented on in real time, which is very beneficial to the organization.
- I like being able to publish content to multiple channels all at once, and tailor the messaging by channel if needed, within the Publish section of the SRM platform.
- Sometimes in the Publish section, the Twitter platform doesn't count the number of characters correctly when there's a link or picture added. I have had to rewrite the Twitter post several times to fit the character limit even thought the tool says I've got characters left to use.
- I'd like to see more measurements available in the Analyze section. The more info I can add to an ROI report the better!
- When setting up Topics, it would be great to be able to define more context when trying to exclude some terms for what's being drawn in so they're more accurate.
Five individuals in my organization use the Oracle system right now (we will be expanding soon). However, at this time there is only one person who uses the Oracle Social Relationship Management (SRM) system in our division and organization. There is a plan to expand the number of people that use the system shortly, though, and that will hopefully be 5-10 people.
It's been a long time since we evaluated different products (before we got Oracle SRM) so I don't have a clear remembrance of Hearsay, but I think I remember Oracle's tools integrating much better and having measurements that our division was interested at the time of purchase. SRM has been a great tool!
- SRM has made it much easier to publish cohesive social media posts on multiple platforms.
- SRM has saved time for us when posting because we can schedule social posts days in advance for multiple sites at one time.
- SRM helps us measure our share of voice so we can see how we measure up against competitors and what type of messaging resonates with our customers and potential customers.
I think it's great for a mid to large sized company, but may not be as helpful for smaller organizations due to the cost and time that has to be invested to get it up and running, and the time it takes to monitor and analyze results derived from the system.