Master of All.
February 04, 2019
Master of All.
Team Lead in EngineeringInformation Technology and Services Company, 501-1000 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Paytm
Paytm has provided its gateway to be implemented on websites or apps with the help of the SDK provided. Vendors can collect payments from Paytm in the company Paytm wallet or the account. Paytm provides an option for customers to pay using the Paytm wallet itself, or other options such as credit card, debit card or net banking.
- You can use Paytm to purchase from a selection of common items to luxurious items.
- Tickets - Can be used to book tickets ranging from movie/concerts to flights/trains.
- Bills - You can use Paytm to pay bills for your house/electricity/DTH.
- Gifts - You can send gifts to your loved ones using Paytm.
- UPI Transfer - Directly transfer money to another customer's bank account by UPI transfers.
- Metro - Metro cards can be recharged from the app itself helping you beat the queue at metro stations.
- Customer support - Customer support can be improved with detailed answers to your queries.
- Development support and community - Can be improved by code reviews in place.
- Paytm deducts a lesser percentage of commissions per transaction compared to other competitors giving you better margin on the profits.
- The vendor area is good. This is where you can sell your own products in the Paytm app.
- Gives cashback for new vendors helping them grow their business.
Paytm is widely used across my country. The penetration rate of this product is highest amongst the competitors, leading to its easier acceptance from a local seller to a premium seller. It was the first one to introduce the UPI transfers making it pretty easy for non-Paytm customers to accept the payments from the ones having Paytm wallets.
Paytm can be used to make money transfers to other people's Paytm wallets/ bank accounts making use of UPI transfers. It can be used to book movie/concert tickets, as well as flight/train tickets. It can be used as an e-commerce app to purchase goods. It can also be used to sell one's own item by partnering with Paytm and becoming a vendor.