Overall Satisfaction with PR Newswire
PR Newswire is used by our internal PR/communications team. PR Newswire is viewed as a paid tool that helps to complement other earned media relations efforts, i.e., product announcements, tour announcements, etc. PR Newswire isn't particularly valuable from a strict earned media standpoint, we still use traditional press releases and other means of distributing news or engaging with media. PR Newswire does provide value from an SEO standpoint, as well as having a long-life digital footprint, where you can track clicks on links, downloads of logos, downloads of photography, downloads of videos, etc., that are relevant for forecasting future PR interest.
- Easy to use for wire distribution
- Provides excellent SEO value
- Helps to boost impression numbers
- Pricing could be better especially as it relates to a digital footprint
- The ability to add multiple photos, video links, logos, etc., can be cost prohibitive
- From an earned media relations standpoint, we find that journalists may not cover something once they see it on the newswire
- PR Newswire's use is dependent on your campaign KPI's; great in terms of reach
- PR Newswire is useful in terms of reaching a lot of people and quickly
- PR Newswire is also a great tool for driving SEO and tracking web referral traffic
PR Newswire and Businesswire are familiar, similar products in terms of newswire distribution services. Many times it comes down to client familiarity with one service over the other, the cost per distribution, the reach of distribution, as well as other related fees, i.e., you have to be a member of PR Newswire to use the service and then pay fees on top of that for individual distributions.
PR Newswire is well suited for when you need a broad distribution that will include a wide swath of earned media impressions when that is one of the primary KPI's. PR Newswire is best suited as complement to other traditional PR tactics but not necessarily as a standalone tool for PR professionals.