Overall Satisfaction with PrestaShop
We are currently using it to run our e-commerce website. Our daily sales are all used via website, which we've designed through PrestaShop. It's being used across our whole organization. We currently don't have a warehouse or physical shop, so all our items are being sold online and delivered to our customers directly. Currently PrestaShop is working exactly as we want it to. There were a few limitations using PrestaShop 1.6, but with the current update to 1.7, we haven't had really any business issues making use of PrestaShop.
- Quite easy to use compared to other open-source e-commerce software.
- Has lots of free plugins to help you set up a great basic shop.
- You can easily create your own unique site.
- Lots of payment option plugins and you can use them to sell globally.
- Not a lot of free templates.
- Images can sometimes be too compressed and lose their full quality, so better settings for that could be introduced.
- Being able to change the look of your automatic emails via default settings can also be introduced.
- PrestaShop is a free open-source e-commerce builder, so that is a positive.
- Lots of free plugins, which is also good.
- Has lots of SEO tools that are also free to implement.
I've tried other open-source software like PrestaShop, but the others were either more complex, didn't have the right plugins for me to use in my country, or didn't have my preferred look in terms of how I wanted my business to be represented as an e-commerce site. PrestaShop was easy to use and quick to learn. I could input products very easily and it operated close to what I wanted.
Do you think PrestaShop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with PrestaShop's feature set?
Did PrestaShop live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of PrestaShop go as expected?
Would you buy PrestaShop again?
Any business looking to sell products online--hardware or software--can make use of PrestaShop. It's more suited to being a product selling platform rather than a service selling one. So if you are in the IT industry, selling computer hardware like central processing units, hard drives, solid state drives, etc., as well as computer software, then use PrestaShop. It's not meant for all industries like selling music--the option to stream the music online before purchasing isn't really going to be as possible on PrestaShop.