Real employee review
October 17, 2018
Real employee review
Score 8 out of 10
- Project Management
- Quality & Safety
- Construction Financials
Overall Satisfaction with Procore
Procore is being used throughout our entire organization. It has helped our company with the logistics, coordination and compliance of document management in order to complete our project on time and on budget. This includes keeping the flow of information between the client, architect and engineers and the general contractor and subcontractors up to date in real time.
- The submittal process is easy to follow and keeps all parties necessary to approval in a concise order. It also creates a comprehensive log of dates, times , responses and attachments that are easy to view online as well as in the app.
- The Daily Log function is exteremly helpful for our Superintendents and well as Project Managers as it tracks the manpower and suppliers onsite at any time to make sure you are on schedule and wellas job costs for removal of rental equipment, rolloffs, etc.
- The Reports feature is outstanding in that you can used the standard reports for project management, job costs, schedules, etc. but that you can hand tailor other reports, big or small, specifically to your business
- When you are using the change events feature, if your commitment is not approved you can't write a change order to your subcontractors. While this is great in theory that you will have all your documents in before writing a change order, a lot of time this is not the case. I don't like that your commitments must show approved before a change order can be written. If you change to approved and forget to change it back to 'out for signature', it messes up your document compliance and you don't have a true idea of what is needed.
- There are times when you have a drawing that is numbered the same as another with the same date which Procore does not allow you to publish without making it a revision. It makes it hard to know that you have the correct current set when you open the Drawings feature.
- Change Events to change order for either the owner or subcontractors is very rigid. If you need to make a correction, you can't do it in the area you're in, but have to delete multiple items and go back to the beginning and start over and re-create what you have already done.
Procore was used by an employee at a previous place of employment and was highly recommended so it was the only selection that was looked at.
This has worked great for us so far. It has been particularly helpful with the communication between the superintendents and the architects and engineers regarding RFI's and Submittals. The Supers are able to take pictures and make mark ups on them and get the responses back in real time which helps keep the projects on schedule.
- As and employee and not the business owner, I can tell that my time is managed easier and tasks get completed quicker.
- Ensure information is accessible and up to date
- Document job site conditions
- Report on incidents and inspections
Procore's quirks in the cons mentioned before make it a little tricky to navigate, but not overly so. For the most part it is pretty user friendly.
Procore can be used for both small and large contractors for large and small projects. This is achieved by being able to use either the basic features in each module or expanding them by changing settings or drop down menus. However the terminology is generalized so that is can be used nationally or internationally which may or may not be specific to your region.