Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
I use QuickBase in my department to keep track of contact information for the many states and school districts that we service. It's very helpful to be able to use the tools that allow you to create spreadsheets and other documents. It's also helpful to be able to make changes to an entire group rather than having to go in and change each entry individually.
- Being able to pull spreadsheets and reports from the files in QuickBase is very helpful.
- Being able to edit in groups is very helpful.
- It could be more intuitive - I find it difficult to create things from scratch.
- QuickBase could be more user-friendly, it can be frustrating when you're trying to complete a task and have to use Google to figure out how to do it because you can't figure it out on the QuickBase site.
I do believe that QuickBase has made building and customizing business applications faster and easier by allowing me to make changes in groups and pull reports and spreadsheets for particular groups of people, etc.
This is where QuickBase is lacking a bit - I don't find it easy for the non-technical person to jump in and start building or using applications. Once the app is built, it's fairly easy to maintain - but building it can be a little tricky. IT personnel on your site may or may not be able to help you depending on whether they are familiar with QuickBase or not.
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
I have updated our database several times due to changes in staffing and it went fine.