Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Online
We use QuickBooks Online to run our business' books. We track time, invoice clients, track expenses, manage our budget, and more. It keeps our financial position organized.
- The bank feed allows for quick entry of expenses and other transactions.
- The client menu includes a great money bar showing the progress of money into the business.
- You can create as many budgets as you like and segment by class, customer, etc for better management reporting.
- Sales tax and its reporting is limited on its functionality.
- The new management reports still have some quirks to get ironed out.
- I still don't recommend Intuit's payroll solutions and prefer third party applications.
- Because we specialize in QuickBooks Online, it has proven to be a great niche for our business.
- We are able to have better collaboration with our clients by having all the accounting in the cloud.
- We can easily customize QuickBooks Online to fit the needs of our clients, so we can provide an easier product to use.
This is one of the easiest and complete products for small businesses, which is our preferred market.
QuickBooks Online works best for professional service based organizations. While it can handle inventory and job costing, there are still some limits as to what QuickBooks Online can handle. In these situations, I still prefer using QuickBooks Online over the desktop solution because of the flexibility of being in the cloud. I usually recommend considering a third party application that will compliment QuickBooks Online to fill any gaps.