2012 to 2015
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Pro
- As CPA, can set up to track who makes entries. Can track what is added and deleted, in case a problem arises.
- When used correctly, provides good information for generating financial statements and getting a trial balance to do annual tax returns with.
- QuickBooks in general provides certifications so that employees new to QuickBooks can learn and get up to speed quickly to work with our clients.
- Too easy to delete transactions.
- Does not give enough warning to voiding invoices, checks, deposits, etc that relate to a prior period. Once financial statements have been done, and the tax return filed, you cannot just void items, because it will void them in the period it was entered. For instance a check written 2/14/14 is voided on 3-25-15. The retained earnings is thrown off from what was used on the tax return because it was posted to QB's on 2-14-14 and is voided back to that date. This is especially frustrating.
- When you have an accountant's copy outstanding, when the client imports the changes, if any entry has been made to adjust cash, the client's bank reconciliations are undone and have to completed again. Very frustrating for the client and for the accountant, because the import of our changes caused the issue.
- Definitely better customer service. Can help clients with issues and walk them through problems.
- More efficient that other software and definitely more efficient that manual records.
- Easy of accessing client information to do payroll, year-end work, etc.
- 50% to 75% of my clients
How many transactions do you expect to have? Large amounts of transactions, will slow the program down.
How many employees and how many states you have employees in? QuickBooks does not work with all states, and it does not work at all with local taxing agencies within a state. We have had issues with getting the information needed to print W-2's. Fairly large company.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro Feature Ratings
Using QuickBooks Pro
Administrative staff, staff accountants, senior accountants, supervisors, partners.
They do all from year-end adjustments, enter accounts payable and receivable. Reconcile bank accounts, balance credit cards, clean up accountants receivable and payable issues. Process payroll. The company's books are kept on QuickBooks by the office manager. We also help clients who use the inventory module.
- General Ledger for client's activity for the year.
- To have information to do tax returns for clients
- To process payroll
- To obtain financial statements for clients who just have Excel spreadsheets of activity. We can enter activity totals and get a balance sheet and income statement for them.
- Keep track of locations, departments, classes of clients.
- Get clients on electronic data for ease in using for tracking how the company is doing.
Evaluating QuickBooks Pro and Competitors
QuickBooks Pro Implementation
QuickBooks Pro Support
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Quick Initial Response
Using QuickBooks Pro
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Bank reconciliations are a breeze with this product.
- Easy to enter checks or bills. Can enter bills and have system write all checks you want to pay at one time.