Quick and Easy with ADP RUN
July 16, 2019
Quick and Easy with ADP RUN
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with RUN Powered by ADP
We use RUN to process our payroll and W-2s for our organization. We also use it for current HR document resources. RUN helps us to easily process our payroll more efficiently.
- Quick and easy payroll processing. Payroll reports are available to print and review immediately after hours are entered for payroll processing which is very helpful. Whenever there has been an occasion in which there was an entry error, Client Services made correcting the problem quick and painless.
- Simple W-2 processing. With all of our payroll processed through RUN W-2s are easily created for us with little to no work on our end.
- Helpful reports available. Of the many reports we access most often is quarterly payroll verification for employees.
- Helpful HR resource documents. We are able to have current tax withholding forms and I-9s available to print when we hire a new employee. This saves us time from having to search for new versions on the internet with the change of the year.
- It would be helpful if the payroll summary that I review before final submission showed the separation of regular hours from overtime and vacation/sick hours.
- We are having difficulty getting general ledger up and running because a few of our people work in more then one job classification. The person that assisted me with trying to map my employees for general ledger also did not properly map some employees so I need to find out how to edit their mapping. The person that assisted me in mapping employees also mapped ALL inactive employees, so our employee list is a muddled mess that is difficult to sort through. I have reached out multiple times to get assistance with fixing these problems, but no one has gotten back with me to followed up or assist me.
- Since we are an organization near the Kansas/Missouri state line we have employees that work for us from outside the state our organization resides in, which is KS. For some reason RUN will only allow for state payroll taxes to be paid to the state where our organization resides (KS), so our employees that live in MO end up getting taxes taken out for the wrong state. These employees end up getting a full refund from KS since they live in MO, however they end up owing a good amount of money each year to MO since no payroll taxes were withheld for their home state. This is frustrating for employees in this situation. I know from my previous job that there are non-resident state payroll tax forms that can be filled our for KS, and that we should as the employer be withholding payroll taxes for the employee for the correct state, however in speaking with ADP client services I was not able to get this available for us to do. If we could get this resolved it would be a HUGE plus!
- It would also be helpful if we could set our flat rate contractors for monthly payment, vs only biweekly. Right now we have to remember to change the flat pay to zero every other pay period.
- ADP RUN makes our payroll process more cost efficient. It would cost us more to complete the process entirely in-house.
ADP RUN seems to be better suited for organizations in which they are processing payroll for employees all in the same job role since General Ledger is not user-friendly to employees in multiple job roles. ADP RUN also seems better suited for organizations in which all the employees live in the state in which the organization resides since payroll taxes cannot be withheld for employees living out of state when needed. ADP RUN does not seem to be well suited to employers that have flat rate monthly contractors when their payroll runs biweekly. There is no current option to select monthly vs biweekly for these contractors.