Top Hyperconverged Solution with great support and simplicity.https://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012019-03-21T15:17:20.033Z
March 21, 2019
Top Hyperconverged Solution with great support and simplicity.
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
We use Scale Computing's HC3 servers for running our entire IT and OT Operations. We are always looking for improvements in the IT Infrastructure and to efficiently use our IT Resources. Scale computing provides us with a ton of great benefits. We reduced our foot print in the server room by half which helped in reduced power consumption. We were using a virtualization solution from a big name company and we found ourselves inundated with managing performance, licensing, and increasing maintenance. As we had three different vendors to deal with every time we had an issue on the system, it made it very difficult to troubleshoot and resolve problems. Scale computing was our answer to consolidate services, run servers more efficiently and reduced or eliminated daily maintenance tasks.
- Simple solution to managing storage, virtualization and snapshots on one page with not more than 3 clicks
- Excellent technical support with support built into the suite for quick access when required by the Scale Computing Technicians.
- High performance out of the Flash and Spinning Disks through HyperCore Enhanced Automated Tiering (HEAT)
- High availability feature helps in ensuring that there is no single point of failure
- Enhanced Networking Stack for implementing more complex networking architectures. The current networking piece that is built in is very advanced but more customization and options would help with better implementation of the solution.
- Snapshots are flawless and effortless, however I would like to see more integration for Backup on to the cloud similar to the other virtualization provider.
Support is very responsive and thorough. They provide every customer with a portal that provides up to date case history, knowledge bases and hands-on support unlike other solutions, when you call Scale, you will hear a human answer your technical questions and provide the right guidance. Scale systems support is built into the solution which provides for seamless access to the systems by the technicians.
We run applications which range from Identity Management, Physical Security, Databases and resource intense servers. We have run every type of scenario and Scale has so far handled them very well. We use a backup replication host which is replicating a 3 node solution and we have not seen any degradation of performance. The critical application that run on the solutions are SCM, ERP Systems, HR Systems to name a few. On the Operational Technology side, we run some of the reporting and monitoring servers for utilities etc.
- I try to look at ROI in terms of how much time and effort a solution saves me during operation. Scale has practically removed downtime during upgrades and this is a solution we believe will run for a 10+ year period. So the ROI not just improved for us but we have assurance that we can continue to upgrade and add more Scale Computing Solution as needed.
- For a company which is growing, Scale provides us with sufficient room for growth. With their solution, we are insured for a growth for up to 50% in the next 10 years when in reality we would hardly meet that goal. We are looking at 10%-15% in 5 years.
The vendors that I mentioned offer solutions very close to Scale Computing however, we found out that their solutions had many pieces and a lot of overhead. The overall ability to consolidate different pieces such as Backup-replication, Storage, Virtualization Software, Availability, licencing and support beats any other solution out there. I highly recommend this solution to anyone looking for simplicity, reliability and effortless migration and implementation.
Scale Computing is a great replacement solution for small to mid-size businesses which use other virtualization platforms. It is also a great solution for backup and replication. Companies looking to get more out of their investment into hyper-converged / virtualization platform will find Scale Computing's offering of Hardware, Virtualization Software, and a single Support agreement to be full and consolidated for overall efficiency in running and managing the IT Infrastructure. Scale computing also provides for future expansion and scaling of the infrastructure with minimal effort and cost. Scale's solutions offerings may be less relevant in very large scale data centers and companies that have adopted very specific virtualization solutions and built their own ecosystems. However, I would not be surprised if Scale is adopted in such large environments.