March 27, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
We are moving all possible units to Scale (except for phone system, and legacy systems).
- Hyper-converged systems mean everything is redundant
- Excellent support
- Warranty services are quick and easy
- Integration with a backup vendor, Unitrends, was noted in a press release but still waiting
- Support for legacy operating systems to keep legacy apps running
- Update/upgrade process needs some work for high IOPS usage
- Afterhours support goes to an answering service
Exchange and our business-critical applications on SQL. One of our domain controllers resides within the Scale cluster for extra redundancy.
- Support is expensive but well worth it.
- Units age out relatively quickly.
- We are able to replace a node with all servers still running.
All workloads can be moved into Scale on operating systems from 2008 and later. It also handles Linux distros as well. The interface is great, easy to use, and now has role-based permissions to have multiple accounts with different access. Maximum of 8 nodes per cluster. We haven't reached the limit yet but would like to see that expand in the future.