Overall Satisfaction with ShoreTel
We believe shoretel sky is over priced and we are searching for another provider.
We started using ShoreTel Sky about 3 years ago. We were in the process of moving buildings and ShoreTel Sky made moving easier as we could keep some staff up and running in the old location and start using the new building with the rest of the staff. It worked like we were still all in the same location. We have grown to 30+ phones now and it has been great for adding and changing employees. We don't have to have anyone come in or need any experts to make changes. It's easy to just use the portal.
- Adding and changing employees is very easy and only takes a minute.
- Setting up call flows is not too challenging. We have specific ring groups and settings.
- Moving the phone to different locations is a breeze, just needs a POE Ethernet connection.
- Call flow could be easier and more streamlined.
- The iphone app never worked for us. It should be reworked to copy the Cisco phones.
- The monthly expense for adding features adds up. If they included all the features, they would be fantastic.
- Easy to make changes to staff.
- Expensive to creat new accounts ($50?).
- Interoffice communication is quick and easy.
We looked at packet8 and decided they would be more of a headach to implement. Although, I do think their monthly service is cheaper, I guess you get what you pay for. There is very little comparesion between shortel sky and the alaoge box we had before. I think we paid 10K for the old system and had 4-5 phone lines, it was not nearly enough.
Are you a constantly changing company? If you are making changes to your phones and office staff more than a few times a year then ShoreTel Sky will save a lot of money in the long run. Do you have remote staff? We use several phones in remote locations, they just need a good internet connection and a power brick to run the phone.