Great for startups!
Louis Schietekat | TrustRadius Reviewer
Updated January 16, 2020

Great for startups!

Overall Satisfaction with Smartlook

Smartlook is used by me as the sole developer of our website and marketing campaigns. Since we are a startup company Smartlook is providing us invaluable insight as to how our users interact with our website, landing pages, and sales funnels. It has helped me identify website issues on specific screen sizes.
  • Smartlook has an awesome funnel visualization tool which is much easier to set up compared to Facebook and Google Analytics.
  • Smartlook incorporates great filtering functionality to group your recordings for east processing.
  • The free trial is loaded with functionality.
  • Privacy issues with other countries are unclear (especially in Europe).
  • Even though recordings are only kept for 30 days it would be useful if the old recording info is still available such as date and time.
  • The assistant pop-ups are useful sometimes and annoying sometimes. It would like to be able to enable/disable them.
  • I could change a button to be more visible.
  • I could change the location of a button because users scrolled right past it.
  • I could change element sizes because Smartlook could show me a user using a smaller device as simulated in the Wordpress environment during development.
Hotjar seemed to miss more users' recordings that Smartlook. I'm not exactly sure why but I suspect that Hotjar takes longer to start its recording and if a user closed the tab too quickly then Hotjar did not register a page visit at all. Smartlook catches many more users even it the recording is only a few seconds.
The only customer support interaction I've had is that Jan sent me an email in which he offered another 30-day full functionality trail if I submit my product review here on TrustRadius. I feel that really generous and exactly what my startup business needs right now. We would be happy to pay for this service once our sales funnels start generating some revenue.

Do you think Smartlook delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Smartlook's feature set?

Did Smartlook live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Smartlook go as expected?

Would you buy Smartlook again?

Smartlook is well suited for any new website to understand how new users interact with the different aspects of the website. I guess it would not be appropriate to use Smartlook on specific websites where privacy issues would block or severely limit the recording of most of the user activities.