SmartRecruiters Review 81 of 86
Review: "SmartRecruiters....Hiring Made Easy! As They Say!!!"
Jennifer Morris profile photo
Updated April 16, 2015

Review: "SmartRecruiters....Hiring Made Easy! As They Say!!!"

Score 10 out of 101

Software Version
Personal

Overall Satisfaction with SmartRecruiters Personal

With a small company like ours, we do not have our own Applicant Tracking System so SmartRecruiters has been an asset I utilize daily.
  • Activity log if great to have especially while adding team members to review
  • With no cost to our company, job posting to free boards has been useful along with the social media added.
  • User friendly and simplified!
  • Able to delete activity. Sometimes there our qlithes and duplicates are seen. Also, sometimes just busy and added activity/feedback on the wrong candidate.
  • Would like to be able to add entire address, not just the city and state.
  • Would like fields for "Phone" and "email" to not be required for candidate profiles as sometimes that is not always given on resumes while sourcing candidates.
  • increased employee efficiency so our team has a database of candidates now to confirm already notified or red flags on candidates.
  • Improved social networking
Nothing else compared as a free tool and other systems seem outdated not having social media compatibility.
Absolutely wonderful! Not all companies can afford an ATS so this is a great tool to have.

SmartRecruiters Feature Ratings

Using SmartRecruiters Personal

Users and Roles

10 - recruiting manager and recruiters

Support Headcount Required

2 - Recruiter, myself, that helped implement SR with the company.

Business Processes Supported

• we did not have an ATS in place
  • was able to embed the job widget to the company website so all of our job postings are in real-time
  • ease of posting jobs to social media that older ATS's do not have

Innovative Uses

Future Planned Uses

• CMR tool

Likelihood to Renew

Been using since 2009. Even with all the other ATS's I've used while working with other organizations, SmartRecruiters is the only one that give me the capability to post in one click on free job boards and my social media accounts.

Evaluating SmartRecruiters Personal and Competitors

Products Replaced

Key Differentiators

• Price
have the free basic service while our company doesn't have another way to track applicants.

Evaluation Lessons Learned

SmartRecruiters has been making changes since I've used it for several years but now the looking is starting to look sloppy and have to train users again on how to use it. Would be nice to get a notice prior to the change or a quick video to send to users that show the changes and how to work with them.

SmartRecruiters Personal Support

Support

I have had outstanding support with them. Even though it's not as easy to pick up the phone, I do get a response and they usually try to have it resolved without escalating to another level.

SmartRecruiters Customer Support Pros and Cons

Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
None

Premium Support

No - get enough with the basic since we do not have an ATS.

Bug Resolution

Yes - Not so compatible with other browsers and that is something they still have not resolved and just suggested I used IE version 10 and not 11 or Google Chrome.

Exceptional Examples of SmartRecruiters Support

last May 2014, tried to send an invitation to join SmartRecruiters and the user received an error message every time they click on the invitation link. We were instructed to have the user clear with web browser cache and cookies prior to signing. After several attempts of them trying to resolve the problem, we found out that the problem was on our end with the user using a different browser using EI11 and had to put back to EI10 and was working properly.

Using SmartRecruiters Personal

Usability

Very user friendly and training for users doesn't take long.

Usability Pros and Cons

• layout
  • visual
  • create a posting

Difficult Tasks

• searches, can't search for a candidate by state in the filter. Have to use Boolean string to try to break down state candidates

Mobile Interface Availability and Impressions

Yes - When it first came out, you could only see postings. Now they have enhanced it so I can search candidates, etc.