Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Applicant Tracking (113)
Resume Management (107)
Notifications and Alerts (108)
Candidate Search (110)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SmartRecruiters, and make your voice heard!
Varies, per FTE
Varies, per FTE
Entry-level set up fee?
- $1,000 Required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Customized Application Form
- Supported: Resume Management
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Candidate Search
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Collaboration
- Supported: Task Creation and Delegation
- Supported: Email Templates
- Supported: User Permissions
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: LinkedIn Integration
- Supported: Interview Scorecards
- Supported: Multiple Brand support
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
- Job Advertising
- Candidate Tracking
- Candidate Communication
- Background Checks
- Interview Scheduling
- Resume viewing- does not always show
- Note Tracking
- Candidate Searching
- I upload candidate profiles from my system, and we, as a team, work on candidate profiles to select a prospective candidate.
- We can also rate profiles and add comments to each profile. It enables you to add tags to the profile to ease searching I love the way it has eased the work processes and enabled a collaborative hiring system.
- . It also helps me upload documents related to a single candidate in one place, and I don't have to search my laptop when I require particular documents.
- When adding a candidate from one job to another, the software lags and doesn't let you do it quickly.
- The automated resume scanning process is also difficult.
- Applicant tracking--we can add applicants to the database and add them to available jobs.
- We can add documents and comments to an applicant's profile and view them as and when required.
- This offers great mobility and we can do this as a team to choose our team members.
- SmartRecruiter's integration with other platforms is quite a hassle--it needs to be smoother.
- The job posting on the platform doesn't yield great results.
- ATS that can be customized
- Integration with LinkedIn
- Ready availability of a careers page with an application portal
- More flexibility in designing the careers page
- Ability to add application widget to company website instead
- Job Referrals - can easily refer others to a job posting and view the status
- Job Postings - can easily search for job openings and read job description and criteria
- Application online - Can easily apply for the job directly and see who the hiring manager and hiring recruiter is
- Log in - sometimes difficult to log in if [the] password was forgotten
- Email Notifications - would be great to add email notifications for every status change after applying for the job, currently would need to log in to see updates
- Referring process
- Job posting
- Centralize all the information
- Posting feedback could be easier. I always have to copy/paste my text in SmartRecruiters.
- Sometimes it's not clear under which tab I should go.
- Resume presentation could be improved.
- User friendly
- Multiple ways to complete a task
- Easy to communicate
- Monthly/quarterly training
- Easy reporting tools
- Task reminders
- Easy to use
- Can do tasks multiple ways
- Easy to communicate with the candidates and other staff members within the organization
- Tracking Candidate Data at one place
- Managing recruiters data in one Dashboard
- Can get single individual report at just one click
- Made recruitment easy using smart recruiters
- User Interface is very attractive and we can use it easily
- Not having feature of referral data, who has referred
- Another problem is that in [the] emails section it shows 'company name' field will show as Smartrecruiters vs. the name of our agency that will make confuse to [candidates]
- Major problem of this is that it does not support api in the free version
- Easy to navigate, clean interface.
- Good communication with recruitment and hiring managers.
- Candidate rating system.
- Easy to book interviews with candidates and hiring managers
- Connection to Microsoft Teams
- Adding a functionality where it is possible to parse a resume via Outlook.
- When a candidate applies to more than one role and is hired to one role the rest of the applications should be eliminated so he/she doesn't remain available.
- Address input in the profile section.
- Sending job postings to other social media/job aggregators for free.
What works well with smartrecruiters is that they are always listening to their clients' needs and updating their app to suit our needs.
- Organization - SmartRecruiters is not so busy that I cannot easily tell what I am looking at. Everything is easy to navigate and follow intuitively.
- Workflow - SmartRecruiters allows me to set up logical connections to automate subsequent fields in job creation. This aids in accuracy of job creation to match our payroll system, plus makes the process of creating a new requisition/ad faster.
- Approvals - Approvals of job requisitions and offers could not be simpler.
- Customization - There is very little that cannot be customized and/or branded to fit my organization's needs, including connecting to my other business platforms.
- Reporting - There are several fields that are not easily reported on in SmartRecruiters. They have made some significant improvements, but there are still inaccessible fields in the reporting tool that would help me avoid using another service to build my reports.
- Posting Partners - SmartRecruiters has made recent changes in their contracts with high visibility platforms like LinkedIn and Indeed which may not fit with what I am trying to do or what I have done in the past.
- Offer Templates - Creating a good looking offer template that goes to the recipient exactly the way it looks when I built it is nearly impossible. The import mechanism only accepts .doc (but really wants a .doc created in LibreOffice if you want spacing and paragraphing to work perfectly). In short, there is a lot of guessing to getting offer letters just right, unless you want a plain text offer letter (and who does?).
- Great search engine.
- Easy to post job openings.
- Lots of qualified candidates use this tool.
- Reporting could be more customizable and robust.
- A la carte feature pricing can get expensive.
- It seems like more candidates are using other job search tools in 2020-2021.
- Candidate page collects feedback, interview notes, and resume all in one place
- Integrated email management keeps all communications together
- Feedback form makes it easy for hiring panels to discuss observations
- UI is not very snappy and sometimes is slow to move from candidate to candidate
- More canned responses in form emails
- More focus on keeping initial screening questions in one place
- Easy to set up templates for later use.
- Can pick which websites you want job positions posted to.
- Only have to pay one time instead of multiple websites.
- I use this site regularly and it is easy to navigate.
- no training
- SmartRecruiters makes it very easy to post and update our job openings to multiple sites all at once: Indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, Career Builder, Glassdoor, Monster, and various others.
- I appreciate how useful the free version of SmartRecruiters is; it helps me source candidates with a limited budget.
- I like being able to message groups of candidates all at once.
- Searching for candidates who have applied is very simple and easy to do.
- I'm not able to set up templates with the free version.
- The resumes that candidates create through the SmartRecruiter system are too basic. If they upload their own; it's much better.
- It has a simple learning curve for hiring managers.
- It sets a very low barrier for candidates to apply.
- SmartRecruiters is very modern and continues to evolve.
- Its reporting is good, but there is room for improvement.
- Their training on new features could be better.
- It has a nice modern design.
- Most of the application is rather user-friendly.
- It provides links to both documentation as well as communication with the candidate.
- Speed. The cloud solution has a tendency to be solved.
- Exporting of data. In some cases, it would be nice to consult data offline, which currently is not possible to do.
- Random sorting of data. Different people that connect have the candidates sorted in different orders.
- Everything is in one place. There is no need to jump in and out of different programs.
- The entire hiring process is documented from start to finish in SmartRecruiters.
- SmartRecruiters keeps you informed of applicants interested in your position as well as it lets you know any activity happening via email.
- Sometimes you can get too many emails of notifications for new applicants.
- I wish you should save part of the interview questions, but in instead you have to complete the entire document at one time.
- Sometimes I've noticed the applicant's resume is not attached but in the body.
- It provides better viability and stronger collaboration efforts between TA and hiring managers.
- One-stop tool for all things recruiting.
- Keeps historical data.
- There are a couple of different ways you can view candidate profiles, and depending on the route you chose to access, certain info varies. Would be nice to simplify this.
- Intelligence to make recommendations on other company positions per candidate submittal.
- Ease of use when entering candidate's information, uploading documents, using templates for emails, etc.
- Visually, it is easy to read through the information and navigate from one job to another.
- Analytics are accurate and easy to find.
- Glitches from time to time and have to refresh or re-start
- The ability to add more templates to send out different types of correspondence through the platform
Bigger companies may need more bells and whistles, but this has worked out great for our needs. We have 1-2 jobs open per month, so it suits our needs.
- Handles end-to-end hiring process. You do not need to use another tool.
- Easy to access and manage.
- For internal hiring purposes, I would love to see the feature in which there is a notification email sent to the immediate manager of the employee once the employee submitted his application.
- The user-facing interface is intuitive and extraordinarily navigable.
- It has a robust scope of partnerships with other platforms like Indeed and LinkedIn, which broadens the pool of candidates to whom we have access.
- Front-end customization of response templates and dispositions.
- Batch processing of candidates would be nice. When we have over 1,000 candidates to review-- a quarter of which we can summarily dismiss due the candidates' physical location being dozens, if not hundreds of miles from our nearest territory (residing within the territory is the expectation)-- it would be beneficial and a more efficient process to have the ability to check a box next to each candidate and click on "Reject," rather than rejecting every one of them individually.
- Ability to tailor the process to your needs.
- Integration with other networks like Linkedin.
- Preparation of communication and interviews.
- Nothing that I remember now.
- Alerting system before an interview.
- We can clear the tracking status of the recruitment status.
- We can see the comments by previous interviewers specific to a candidate.
- UI & UX features could be improved, because it always feels good to have a symbolic representation of icons and buttons at relevant positions.
- There could be an option to reach out to the candidate so that we can directly have discussions from the same portal apart from switching.
- If the portal can also have a good mechanism for filtering candidates, that would make for a real value add.
We at Asterya are using SmartRecruiters to find the Talent for our growing business and we taking applications through the response.
- Recruiting new talent for the expansion of the company.
- Easy and fast process and user-friendly.
- Clarity and easy of use.
- Hackers and spam need to kept at bay.
- Needs improvement in the GUI.
- Data protection is very important.