https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/XF/5E/XC6SO18P0NBG.PNGImprovement in efficiencyCurrently, we use SmartRecruiters for full-cycle recruiting including sourcing, interviewing, offer, and acceptance/hire. After hiring a candidate, we also use SmartRecruiters for confirming their start date and notifying all appropriate people that the candidate has been hired. It is used in our HR department, Training department, and our billing department uses it slightly. Overall, it has helped our recruiting department become more efficient with automating processes and it's extremely useful with the email templates you're able to set up and integration with Google calendar. We have figured out a way to use it for our internal promotion process and also using it for approving new hires for certain positions.,I love the integration with Google calendar because everyone who is involved in the interview gets an invitation and it shows up on your calendar. The use of auto-fill templates helps significantly and speeds up the time it takes to send an email to interested candidates. The offer approval process is easy to edit and helps keep everyone on the same page.,Reporting features are very limited on SmartRecruiters. You're not able to run reports on what your team did throughout the week. Being able to track key performance indicators is very limited. There's missing pieces on the app side of things. For instance, on the app you get a notification of if there's an offer you need to approve. On the website, you do not get a notification (only email notification). As a result of this, offer approvals get lost in emails. I'd like to see more integration with text messaging. SmartRecruiters had mentioned they were in the works of creating text message notifications to confirm interviews and things like that. I haven't heard much more about it for the past 2-3 months, but this is something I'm very interested in.,8,7,9,Efficiency has improved significantly. We're able to spend less time creating emails and reaching out to candidates. It's a quick click of a button. Communication has also improved significantly. We've set up SmartRecruiters to notify all appropriate people of new hires, promotions, etc. Our number of candidates we're hiring has increased. With less time spent on creating emails and setting up phone screens, we're able to talk to more candidates and get more people in the door.,JazzHR and Newton Applicant Tracking SystemTransparency in hiring with SmartRecruiterI use SmartRecruiter as a freelancer to hire candidates for a specific job I want done. At some point I get hired by companies to run this software and help them in hiring applicants and managing users too. The way it integrates with Google Calendar is amazing as it gives us notifications on when the set interview is available and on which day for preparations on both the candidates and the hiring managers.,SmartRecruiter has a great support in customer care team who are available to provide support on any issues that arises. It has a clean user interface and is easy to navigate. It has great features that provide a smooth workflow when hiring applicants.,It has some bugs which makes it slow when managing a large number of employees at the same time.,10,10,10,Hiring Managers are able to measure key metrics, such as advertisingcost spent or job board performance. Recruiter productivity also improves due to the process which is automated.Smooth application flow offered by SmartRecruitersI use SmartRecruiters in my business to employ candidates when any vacancies are available. Which means I use it across the whole organization. SmartRecruiters has been able to address lots of problems in my business with its powerful features, like the accessibility of notes and labels to discover applicants depending on particular words has been very helpful and saves time. I can oversee hopefuls that are in dynamic hunt yet not appointed to procedures, and match them dependent on their abilities.,Simple to design and utilize. It doesn't have a steep learning curve. Constant updates make the product even more fun and useful.,Lacks the feature of scheduling interviews with applicants . Lacks the abilty to notify me when an applicant has emailed me.,10,10,10,Discovered new talent that has been valuable to the business. It has saved time and prevented corruption when hiring . It has saved us bulk papers that I could have handled manually by providing enough storage of papers online when applicants upload their documents.A simple, but solid candidate application toolIt is used across the entire organization as a simple platform for candidate life-cycle management when tracking prospective candidates for open positions. Really simply it fills that need without any burdensome overhead for implementation and integration with the rest of the HR suite of tools currently used.,Provides transparency to candidates to see where they are in the application life cycle Collaborative capabilities for hiring committee to collect and understand opinions of candidate quickly across all hiring committee members Simple clean UI,Integration with Workday to transfer user content into the HR system,10,9,9,Saved time Saved resources being wasted on trying to track applicants in unorthodox manner i.e. slack, email, etc.,Great Tool to manage recruitement needs at all sizesSmart Recruiter is used in our department, and it has helped us streamline and pipeline our recruitment process, and has made it easier for us to identify and recruit candidates.,Easy to use System. Great Features. Great Customer Support.,Making Integrations with other systems. Adding more HR Functions.,8,7,7,Time Saving for employees. Less paperwork. High Turnover rate of application processing.,No, we use SmartRecruiters as a standalone recruiting solution.
SmartRecruiters

SmartRecruiters Reviews

SmartRecruiters
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 153 vetted SmartRecruiters reviews and ratings

Michelle Sexton profile photo
September 25, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "Improvement in efficiency"

• I love the integration with Google calendar because everyone who is involved in the interview gets an invitation and it shows up on your calendar.
  • The use of auto-fill templates helps significantly and speeds up the time it takes to send an email to interested candidates.
  • The offer approval process is easy to edit and helps keep everyone on the same page.
  • Reporting features are very limited on SmartRecruiters. You're not able to run reports on what your team did throughout the week. Being able to track key performance indicators is very limited.
  • There's missing pieces on the app side of things. For instance, on the app you get a notification of if there's an offer you need to approve. On the website, you do not get a notification (only email notification). As a result of this, offer approvals get lost in emails.
  • I'd like to see more integration with text messaging. SmartRecruiters had mentioned they were in the works of creating text message notifications to confirm interviews and things like that. I haven't heard much more about it for the past 2-3 months, but this is something I'm very interested in.
If you're looking for a solid applicant tracking system, I would go with SmartRecruiters. Overall, SmartRecruiters is very reliable and I've had a great experience with it. It takes some time learning the ins and outs of it, but right now we're maximizing our use of it and we're happy with how it has helped to improve the efficiency of our department. Our number of hires has increased and we're getting new hires in for training a lot faster than before. If you're looking for a great reporting program, I would not go with SmartRecruiters. At the moment, we're manually tracking the data we want to know because SmartRecruiters does not have a strong reporting feature built into their system.
You're able to set up several hiring managers within the program and have a place for writing and submitting reviews of candidates. It can be a little bit confusing with all of the different levels you can set people up as in SmartRecruiters, but overall, SmartRecruiters has a great notification system for hiring managers and it's pretty easy to figure out how to navigate.
Read Michelle Sexton's full review
Jenny lester profile photo
October 18, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "Transparency in hiring with SmartRecruiter"

• SmartRecruiter has a great support in customer care team who are available to provide support on any issues that arises.
  • It has a clean user interface and is easy to navigate.
  • It has great features that provide a smooth workflow when hiring applicants.
  • It has some bugs which makes it slow when managing a large number of employees at the same time.
It well suited for freelancers who always have a lot of workload and would like to assign work to different people depending on their skills. It becomes easy to assign jobs using SmartRecruiter, and it will enable one to choose the right applicant for each work posted.
Collaboration improves between the recruiter and the hiring team. Recruiters are able to create their own company career website using SmartRecruiter as it has features such as the drag and drop interface for adding images and texts.
Read Jenny lester's full review
Christine Hailey profile photo
October 17, 2018

Review: "Smooth application flow offered by SmartRecruiters"

• Simple to design and utilize.
  • It doesn't have a steep learning curve.
  • Constant updates make the product even more fun and useful.
  • Lacks the feature of scheduling interviews with applicants .
  • Lacks the abilty to notify me when an applicant has emailed me.
It is well suited for entrepreneurs with small or big business to run as it helps at getting the right candidate for any type of job vacancies available.
Communication is so easy between the hiring manager and applicants. The tool helps at staying organized and offers a platform where I can interact with candidates promptly wherever I am using any devices available at the time.
Read Christine Hailey's full review
Cody Kimball profile photo
September 25, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "A simple, but solid candidate application tool"

• Provides transparency to candidates to see where they are in the application life cycle
  • Collaborative capabilities for hiring committee to collect and understand opinions of candidate quickly across all hiring committee members
  • Simple clean UI
  • Integration with Workday to transfer user content into the HR system
Great for tracking candidates in the hiring life cycle; really in my opinion [it] shouldn't be used for other use cases which would be better suited for other tools.
I wasn't the hiring manager, but I wasn't sure how to best indicate to the manager that all the reviews are in and they should now review and sign off on the potential candidate.
Read Cody Kimball's full review
March 20, 2019

SmartRecruiters Review: "Great Tool to manage recruitement needs at all sizes"

• Easy to use System.
  • Great Features.
  • Great Customer Support.
  • Making Integrations with other systems.
  • Adding more HR Functions.
It's well suited if you want a system that takes care of all your recruitment needs. If you have fewer people in the HR department, it helps to make things easier for them, as it has a lot of automation processes. Well suited for small teams who want to manage their recruitment process.
If the system is easy to use, has a great interface, and meets all or some needs, then the adoption rate is higher, and I gave 7 because Smart Recruiters is meeting some of our needs, is a very user-friendly system, and we have only had to spend a minimal time on training and everything was set.
October 04, 2018

Review: "SmartRecruiters - The Heavy-lifting Recruiting, Candidate Tracking and Hiring Process Software"

Our small entrepreneurial enterprise used SmartRecruiters for all HR Recruiting work throughout the organization. The software suite and support team helped us tremendously by helping us to cut costs in recruiting new FTE, as well as form a buttoned-up recruiting process. In about two months time, I was able single-handedly post three job postings, scour through literally hundreds of legitimate applicants, filter out candidates that were not a match while at the same time sending out friendly notifications communicating clearly each candidate status, and utilize a single centralized dashboard for each interview and hiring process. We used all this to collaborate as a hiring time - I went on to involve 3-4 of my non-management team members to help review each top-rated candidate in a clean, consistent, collaborative manner. A bonus value-add was having everything at one glance, with comprehensive reporting abilities for our senior management and company partners. Hands down, one of the most flexible, collaborative recruiting tools with amazing buttoned-up processes.
  • Buttoned-up tried and true recruiting processes - just works!
  • Collaborative and comprehensive recruiting and hiring systems
  • Flexible enough to customize easily!
  • SmartRecruiters could easily use some lower tier pricing packages - particularly for super small companies with smaller budgets who may be unable to keep up one year agreements. Option to downgrade during time of need, or during lull in hiring, should be easy - would help retain SmartRecruiters clients while clients maintain full access to their recruiting software systems.
  • SmartRecruiters staff could be more helpful when the business has a need to downgrade levels (from $300/mo) to save in monthly expenditures, in order to keep clients. Or, at least offer an option to downgrade for little/no fee simply to have the business data retention factor - enabling for easy, quick upgrades for full access at later date (as in, seasonal businesses who hire once or twice per year).
The cash saved in using a truly comprehensive software suite such as SmartRecruiters is, hands down, a no-brainer, if a business is hiring or re-hiring numerous staff each year. The alternative often is paying a recruiting firm several thousand dollars per head for finders' fees, or a recruiting staffing firm in overage fees for contract staff adds.
September 24, 2018

User Review: "SmartRecruiters is smarter than most!"

We employ SmartRecruiters to distribute open requisitions to job aggregates for sourcing and to post to our website. We also use the applicant tracking features to screen candidates, to schedule interviews, rate and review candidates and to notify candidates of hiring decisions. The message templates are customizable and easy to use and a real time saver! We also use the hiring analytics tools to analyze past hiring trends and costs and to shape our future hiring decisions, which ultimately affect the direction and nature of future business growth - after all a business is its people! Best thing about SmartRecruiters is the support team!
  • The Support Team is super responsive and quick to resolve issues accurately the first time! They are also super friendly, which goes a long way!
  • SmartRecruiters allows users to customize the workflow based on their particular needs.
  • The platform in general is very user friendly and compared to other ATS it is very intuitive and easy to train others on.
  • The mobile app is great!
  • As an agency, we would love to see SmartRecruiters roll out nationwide job listings that can push to aggregates in multiple locations!
  • We would also like to see the platform tie into local and state college jobs boards including an integration with HandShake!
SmartRecruiters is suited toward filling single job openings, but is less user friendly when you would like to fill multiple positions in varying locations with one job posting.
It is easy to assign a task, add to reviews, ratings and comments and share information in a discreet way about candidates right on the platform.
Emily Tennant profile photo
April 30, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "Good basic tool"

We use it in the recruiting department to manage external applicants. We have many users who work remotely and log in via smartphone, tablet, laptop, and desktop and needed a platform that can be used across multiple verticals. This works flawlessly and interchangeably on a MAC, a PC, or a smartphone.
  • Fast
  • Easy to sponsor an ad on multiple platforms
  • Even my "non-tech savvy" employees can navigate this easily
  • Very quick to navigate
  • Logical approach to a recruiting tool
  • Customer service is great but more "glitches" than I'd like
  • No ability to text candidates, emails are clunky
  • It's expensive compared to other similar platforms (paid version)
  • Not as easy to customize
  • Limited reporting features
Well suited for a basic application for a medium sized business where everything is funneled through 1 or 2 users. It would be a little clunky for a very small business (less than 75 employees) as you wouldn't use it regularly enough to remember some of the operating quirks. There are very few platforms specifically for the mid sized business market and this one definitely delivers the needs of that niche.
Easy if managed by only a few people. You have to make sure to keep moving a candidate through he process for accurate reporting. I could easily spiral out of control if there are too many cooks in the kitchen. Notes are not visible to everyone which can be frustrating.
Read Emily Tennant's full review
August 13, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "SmartRecruiter! Great ATS!"

SmartRecruiters is currently being used by multiple teams within our organization as well as manager level employees. Mainly the recruitment and HR teams and hiring managers. It addresses the business problem of having all of our information in one place and easy to integrate and view. This allows our organization to maintain everything involving hiring reporting an projects in one place including job boards and video interviews as it integrates very easily. Many features are also free including the job posting which is great!
  • Many job postings are free such as Indeed which is such a great board to use!
  • User friendly for people looking for jobs and very easy to use.
  • Integration with other applications is easy and so efficient.
  • Exporting reports are not always clean and saved in the original format.
  • Loading times could be improved when switching pages or tabs.
  • Filtering for email notifications.
I think this is very relevant for job seekers as it is a free resource and very user friendly. There is also a mobile app which helps our hiring managers filter and manager their jobs and postings as well as candidates that are applying to these jobs. The interface is also very compatible with the other posting sites we currently use within our organizatoin.
This tool is very easy for hiring manager use and for organization wide use and training.Managing the entire process from posting a job ad to sharing this ad on multiple other platforms to integration and candidate engagement and management. The ease and communication are so clearly defined and easy to use. Each hiring manager has their own job postings and login so they are able to individually use at any point and track their candidates for specific jobs.
Ken Gardner, aPHR, CUDE profile photo
March 12, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "Don't Be A Dummy! Go with Smart Recruiters!"

We use SmartRecruiters (SR) across the org as our ATS. This tech has enabled me to work as the sole recruiter for our 185 EE company. Without it, we would not have been able to provide the high level of satisfaction to our candidates and new hires.
  • SR iterates very well based on customer feedback. Myriad suggestions have been turned into product enhancements since we signed up with SR.
  • The basics are there and done well. There are no major holes in the product for SMBs.
  • Support is great. Every company touts there customer service, but SR has delivered for us.
  • I see some need for automation with interview scheduling or at least an integration with a solution like Calendly.
  • More vendor partners that deeply integrate into the tech.
SMBs under 500 headcount or even larger companies with limited TA staff are well suited for SmartRecruiters. Very large orgs would find the analytics tools limiting.
I think for most managers the system is intuitive. Like any software though, there are technophobes who struggle. I find that most managers can navigate the system if they use it fairly frequently.
Read Ken Gardner, aPHR, CUDE's full review
Hailee Sender profile photo
March 06, 2018

User Review: "SmartRecruiters is a smart choice!"

SmartRecruiters was, and still is, being used by the HR/Recruiting Department at Edge Pest Control. This ATS addressed many of our organizational and communication issues regarding new applicants. It made it so applicants didn't slip through the cracks, ensuring we hired the best candidates possible.
  • Tracking Applicants: At Edge, we had about 11 different offices we recruited for. Despite the high influx of applicants we had on a daily basis, SmartRecruiters is set up in such a way that it's easy to differentiate between offices and not lose track of applicants.
  • User Friendly: SmartRecruiters navigation is very intuitive, and every service rep I spoke to was extremely helpful and quick to solve any problems I might have had.
  • The only issue I ever encountered was the actual moving of candidates throughout the "Hiring Process." The navigation system works fine, I would just like to see it a little more fine-tuned.
SmartRecruiters worked exceptionally well for our company and our needs. As a newly created HR department, SmartRecruiters was able to help us become more efficient in hiring and tracking our applicants--while remaining user-friendly and effective.
SmartRecruiters is very user-friendly. The fact that hiring managers are already extremely busy means that they just don't have the time for something disorganized and difficult to use. SmartRecruiters, while simple to use, is masterfully complex in organization and ease of use.
Read Hailee Sender's full review
Bill Ayshford Jr profile photo
March 18, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "Splashed"

SmartRecruiters is being used to find Waterpark Staff. It was a program that was in place upon my arrival. SmartRecruiters is a useful tool in connecting me to applicants that I might not otherwise locate and have the chance to interview.
  • Connects me to applicants that I might not connect.
  • SmartRecruiters is another tool to use in my recruitment of new staff.
  • Smartrecruiters allows me to prescreen applicants without going through the interview process. I receive an email anytime there is a potential candidate to review.
  • SmartRecruiters allows me a place to keep job descriptions posted indefinitely.
  • Have SmartRecruiters screen applicants. For examples: try to gauge the level of interest an applicant has in finding a job...casual, semi-serious, serious; are they looking for full-time, part-time, on call; what hour are they looking for days, mids, nights, weekends.
  • A link indicator of the applicant posting a resume. Some of the applicants are in their profile, some are attached, and it is not always easy to determine which is which.
  • Have the applicant select an expiration date on their interest. For example, I was on vacation shortly before a recruit posted an interest. By time I got back to her, she was no longer interested. However, I spent 3 days trying to pursue her before discovering her lack of interest.
SmartRecruiters allows me to access applicants in areas that I would not normally think to search. It gives me an additional tool to recruit potential staff besides professional networking, word of mouth, and recruitment of friends of current staff. It also allows me the opportunity to keep an ongoing hiring process by keeping my job descriptions out on the web.
I am a working manager that makes interview and hiring decisions. It is a great resource for me to refer to the hiring and Human Resource Departments.
Read Bill Ayshford Jr's full review
Josh Krakauer profile photo
March 12, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "The Smartest Way to Hire at a Startup (their name says it all)"

SmartRecruiters is our go-to hiring platform at Sculpt. We're a small shop, so lots of people have their hands in HR. I need administrative control of our software, but want others to collaborate. SR made that easy. We also needed a product that would streamline the chaotic process of recruiting, vetting and evaluating potential candidates, and nothing has come close to SmartRecruiters. We don't hire frequently, but when we do, it has to be smart.
  • Creating and seamlessly syndicating job postings across the right places on the web
  • Managing a database of job candidates in an easy-to-navigate interface
  • Collaborating with our team throughout the entire selection process
  • Communicating with candidates through the hiring process
  • Sorting candidates by various attributes and ratings
  • We never nail a job description the first time. A more clear and seamless edit function would ensure we can make changes on the fly without walking through the entire publishing process again
  • Making blind hiring easier would be helpful
  • Candidates often miss our request to upload additional documents because the only place to add it is buried in the main description
  • Would be nice to upload or embed better media from more sources
  • Integration with other job networks means the formatting looks a little funky when uploaded
Some recruiters may require additional form fields, SR leaves things pretty open. I was perfectly happy with that. SR's SmartStart product is perfect for a small company hiring a few people a year.
Easy to collaborate and get a view of where people are in the process.
Read Josh Krakauer's full review
Russ Knight profile photo
March 12, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "Collaboration is key"

We are a franchise organization, so the need to coordinate across multiple shops in a given market is important. We get input from our home office but maintain complete hiring authority at each location. The ability to save a job, collaborate with others and then integrate with various job boards for promotion has been helpful. I have been pleased with SmartRecruiters.
  • Collaborate with hiring team
  • Integrates with job boards
  • Communication with candidates
  • Provides a record of who said what and when
  • Search for specific jobs, particularly my jobs
  • Mobile functionality, specifically with my jobs- doesn’t seem to be a wY to default to those
Hiring for the same or similar roles where turnover is more frequent; collaborating across a hiring team often in multiple locations.
Makes the hiring process more manageable.

We hire two types of candidates: technicians and customer service/sales staff. It works equally well for both.
Read Russ Knight's full review
Jordan Moskowitz profile photo
November 14, 2017

SmartRecruiters Review: "StartUp Happy with SR"

SmartRecruiters is used by all of our departments to list open opportunities, post listings to social media, and screen and manage applicants. As a small SaaS company, we don't have a full HR team, let alone a recruiter. SmartRecruiters has allowed us to find and hire quality team members, without having to hire additional staff to help us do so. I was recently hiring for my direct report... I was able to set up my listing, post it to LinkedIn, find and review applicants in no time. I used the system to communicate and select applicants. Without SmartRecruiters, it would have been a lot harder for me to find and hire a good team member.
  • It was very simple to create a job listing. I was able to look at other listings we had and use the template for my specific needs.
  • I was able to use the built in system to rate my applicants so I was able to spend time on the applicants I actually wanted to hire.
  • I found a lot of applicants very fast!
  • It was a little tough to have other people on my team look at applicants until I have them access to the system.
SmartRecruiters is a great example of how to leverage technology to make a difficult process, that usually requires a lot of people, easier. I think, from my experience, that SmartRecruiters would be great for any company where they still have an emphasis on hiring good applicants, but don't have the staff or time to look at a lot of applicants. I don't how how SmartRecruiters would work for teams with a recruiter because I have not used the system in that manor.
As a hiring manager, all of the feedback I have provided earlier is for a hiring manager. SmartRecruiters was invaluable for managing applicants, listing open opportunities, rating, and communicating and selecting a candidate.
Read Jordan Moskowitz's full review
Amit Vasudeva profile photo
March 06, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "Excellent ATS for the bottom line and candidate experience"

It's being used across the company to track employees and for adding comments to the candidate's profile.
  • Has a lot of filters to get exactly the job or candidate you want to view.
  • iIt's very user friendly to post jobs and update a candidate's status.
  • I like the reporting tool, it shows where we are coming short in the recruiting process.
  • Glitches from time to time.
  • The smartrecruiters app could be better with more functionality.
SmartRecruiters is well suited for recruiters and hiring managers to make sound decisions on candidates.
Hiring managers like to see the candidate traffic flow and view resumes as they come in. It's a good way for the hiring managers to be involved in the process and a good collaboration exercise for the team. Hiring managers can also give feedback right away rather than waiting for days.
Read Amit Vasudeva's full review
James Logan profile photo
March 06, 2018

Review: "SmartRecruiters should be part of your hiring system RFI"

SmartRecruiters is being used for job posting and applicant tracking across our entire organization by replacing an in-house system that had grown obsolete. In the first 4 months we saw a 300% increase our year over year applicant numbers. Our hiring managers are impressed with the number and quality of the applicants and the speed at which they are able to fill new positions.
  • Generate an applicant pool quickly.
  • Track applicants through the hiring process.
  • Posting positions to multiple job boards.
  • Unable to skin the SaaS interface. Green may clash with your company branding.
  • Lack of support for Job Posting Schema https://schema.org/JobPosting, used by some government job boards.
SmartRecruiters is excellent at generating a lot of qualified applicants quickly. The SmartWidget is a quick and easy way to integrate job listings into your web presence.

The inability to skin, brand or create a sub-domain for the SaaS experience can lead to a jarring user experience, particularly for users trying to check out multiple jobs.
SmartRecruiters is very well received by our hiring managers. They are particularly fond of the mobile friendly UI, and the overall effectiveness of the platform in streamlining the hiring process.
Read James Logan's full review
Matt Dyer profile photo
March 06, 2018

User Review: "SmartRecruiters works well for us"

We have a bit of unique setup with regards to our use of SmartRecruiters as our parent company is an incubator and so there are actually several different companies that use the single instance. All of the companies are using the platform and each of the technical groups uses it to manage various job posts and candidate hiring processes.

We made the move to SmartRecruiters from another platform that really wasn't addressing our needs, it just wasn't flexible enough, and there was too much manual work required. We are hiring 50-60+ people a year and we screen 100s if not 1000s of candidates so needed a platform that could really help simplify the process from gathering candidates to shuffling them through our hiring process.
  • Job postings - I really like the ability to create job templates and then to use those templates as you are putting up new posts. It simplifies a lot of the overhead required in creating new job listings.
  • Email templates - probably one of my most favorite features of the platform. You can create different email templates, e.g. setting up an initial phone screen, requesting a technical phone screen, gathering references. Then you just need to select the template and hit send. Saves me a tone of time from having to copy and past emails every time.
  • Hiring team management - I appreciate the simplicity of managing the different folks who are on the hiring team. The platform makes it easy to add/remove individuals and makes sure that any confidential information, e.g. salary is exposed to those that shouldn't see it.
  • Offer template - Another area where SmartRecruiters really makes my life easy. The ability to upload various offer templates so when we are at the point of making an offer to a candidate we just have to select the template, specific a couple of inputs (e.g. salary, options, start date) and hit save. PDF is automatically created and I can then send in a quick email directly from the platform.
  • Job board postings - when we first started we would get a lot of organic candidates coming to us from various job boards that SmartRecruiters would post for free. Then all of a sudden the number applying just dropped off dramatically as it appears that the number of free job boards they post to was shrunk.
  • Letters of reference - there is no way to request/collect letters of reference directly in the platform. This means you have to manage that piece yourself outside of the platform which creates a lot of busy work. They have the ability to handle emails and attachment directly within the tool, I don't see why they haven't added support for this very common step in the hiring process.
  • Notifications - notifications are sporadic at best. Sometimes a candidate applies or notes are added to a candidate's profile and you get an email and other times you don't.
I think if people are looking for an all around solid platform that doesn't break the bank, SmartRecruiters is a good fit, especially if you are looking for a tool that can manage all of the basic work around finding, managing, and hiring new talent into the company. It is a fairly easy platform to learn as well.
For the most part in our use case, the tools are sufficient even using the most features. There are a lot of bells and whistles you can use to track specific applicant attributes and ratings from various folks on the team, but we haven't used that because it has been a bit difficult to understand exactly how to set those up and use them efficiently.
Read Matt Dyer's full review
Cassandra Linn profile photo
November 20, 2017

User Review: "SmartRecruiters is worth a look!"

I used SmartRecruiters (SR) in my previous company, as part of the HR team. We did have some hiring managers using it, as well, though we did not give all managers access, based on their capabilities. It was a great tool for aggregating jobs out and it was easy to use!
  • Awesome aggregation! I think SmartRecruiters does the best job of covering the most job boards, whether free or paid. We tried other options and definitely got the most response from candidates through using SR.
  • The capability to talk to candidates through SmartRecruiters and to send calendar invitations internally to managers and externally to candidates was great! Not always an option with each ATS.
  • Very customizable! Great options to change hiring process accordingly, add tons of templates, and even some customization through the capabilities of the program based on your budget. There's even a free version!
  • SmartRecruiters doesn't speak to every payroll/HRIS system, so it's hard to make it a seamless affair when hiring candidates.
Especially for the small company I was with, it is/was a great tool at a reasonable cost! As a company grows, it might be more beneficial to find an ATS that works better with their HRIS system.
It's not that SR isn't easily understood by hiring managers, necessarily. I think there are just more capabilities that they have than at times would be preferred. It makes it a little too easy for something to get messed up.
Read Cassandra Linn's full review
Stephanie Opoku, SHRM-CP, CIR profile photo
November 14, 2017

SmartRecruiters Review: "First ATS Experience"

SmartRecruiters is our only ATS system so we use it for job postings, applicant tracking, reporting, and data collection. It's housed in HR but used by all hiring managers/teams. It has helped to streamline our process and keep our process consistent.
  • The system is very intuitive. It's easy to navigate and there is more than one way to get to a particular place in the system.
  • They launch new system updates almost monthly, so it demonstrates they are listening to their customers and always working to improve the system.
  • I wish you were able to edit things once submitted.
  • The offer letter templates don't pull the fields like I wish they would. I often have to type in each candidate's address because it doesn't pull it from the resume (this is likely because people put their address in different places on their resume).
It's a very easy system to learn. When we first bought the system 3 years ago, there was a lot of functionality missing, but it has drastically improved over the years.
All of my hiring managers learn the system quickly and all feel it has helped the process become more efficient and effective. We can keep our notes all in one place and share candidates across the hiring team.
Read Stephanie Opoku, SHRM-CP, CIR's full review
Sylvie Tehbelian profile photo
March 09, 2018

"SmartReview of SmartRecruiters"

We use SmartRecruiters company-wide. It is used by our recruitment team and hiring managers. We recently transitioned from another ATS with the hopes of better streamlining our hiring process. This includes posting jobs, booking interviews, candidate communication, etc.
  • Easy to navigate, clean interface.
  • Good communication with recruitment and hiring managers.
  • Candidate rating system.
  • Adding a functionality where it is possible to parse a resume via Outlook.
  • When a candidate applies to more than one role and is hired to one role the rest of the applications should be eliminated so he/she doesn't remain available.
  • Address input in the profile section.
  • Sending job postings to other social media/job aggregators for free.
It has the potential to be a good ATS but it needs some tweaking in order to handle large volume recruitment and make the process much smoother instead of adding more steps.
So far our hiring managers have been happy with the system.
Read Sylvie Tehbelian's full review
Rolf Blaettner profile photo
March 07, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "The honest truth about recruiting"

I use SmartRecruiters to hire service consultants and technicians for my two automotive service franchises.
  • Helps you organize and keep good notes on candidates and potential candidates for all the different positions available for hire.
  • I'm able to see if another location hired or has already corresponded with a certain candidate.
  • Keeps track of candidates that have been interviewed and gives us the ability to correspond with the candidate before offering an in person interview.
  • More drop down options so there is less typing input.
SmartRecruiters is well suited for our franchises because we share information with one another when hiring. We have the same needs at different times.
I primarily use SmartRecruiters for hiring and managing candidates.
Read Rolf Blaettner's full review
Arie Mangrum IV profile photo
March 06, 2018

SmartRecruiters: "Smart Recruiters review - AgileHires"

SmartRecruiters is being used across the organization, assisting in our recruiting efforts. The interface is fairly clean and easy to work with. It is a solid additional resource when it comes to posting jobs online.
  • The interface has become fairly polished and easy to use.
  • The multiple job boards are nice, and being able to add multiple paid or unpaid options is nice.
  • The application processes are very seamless.
  • Don't really love the color scheme.
  • Not a huge fan of how the job description & other fields are segmented.
  • UX/UI could use a refresh.
I think it's a really solid tool for most recruiters to utilize. It's got some effective tools and can be a time-saving and mostly cost-effective tool to deliver candidates. The best technical candidates don't tend to apply directly, but it is more effective for marketing and other roles & openings.
Fairly easy to pick up and use for even non-technical users.
Read Arie Mangrum IV's full review
William Friedmann profile photo
March 06, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "Love my SmartRecruiter!!!"

We use SmartRecruiters across our Americas organization. The tool has helped automate and report in real time all of our recruiting activities. It has proven to be a highly valued tool, especially in our seasonal ramps. The tool has allowed us the ability to stay in communication with applicants and internally as a Team.
  • The Apps on Android and Iphone are great while on the run.
  • The ability to assess and see that as a consolidated score across Team members is great.
  • Applicants love the auto import from Linkedin and Facebook.
  • Adhoc reporting is not available on Team version.
It's a great tool in the call center industry.
The tool keeps everyone informs of a open position and the candidates in consideration.
Read William Friedmann's full review
Kristen McLain, CHRL profile photo
March 06, 2018

SmartRecruiters Review: "SmartRecruiter- the next wave of Recruitment"

SmartRecruiters is being implemented across the organization. All managers, recruiters, business partners and directors will use the system on a day to day basis. The employee population will also have access to the employee site/referral portal. The system allow us to work smarter not longer. It allows us to save money on job board distribution and integrates well with LinkedIn.

• Outlook integration is fantastic
  • Notifications to the management team
  • The ability to change things your self is amazing.
  • There is no ability to post only internally, every job gets posted internally and externally
  • The levels of security and functionality needs to be rethought. Managers should be able to view but not edit.
Depends on the business need
I am not sure my hiring manager will use the system as it is meant to be used. It takes a lot of time, which they want to leave up to us.
Read Kristen McLain, CHRL's full review

Job Requisition Management (72)
Company Website Posting (77)
Publish to Social Media (79)
Job Search Site Posting (81)
Customized Application Form (69)
Resume Management (80)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (78)
Candidate Search (85)
Applicant Tracking (85)
Collaboration (77)
Task Creation and Delegation (64)
6.6
Email Templates (79)
User Permissions (70)
Notifications and Alerts (80)
Reporting (70)

About SmartRecruiters

SmartRecruiters’ Talent Acquisition Suite is used by high-performance organizations for making the best hires. It has full functionality for recruitment marketing and collaborative hiring built on a cloud platform with an open marketplace for third party recruitment services. The vendor says, unlike the first generation applicant tracking systems it replaces, SmartRecruiters' recruiting software provides an amazing candidate experience, hiring managers actually want to use the product, and recruiters love them because they make their jobs easier. Additionally, the vendor says companies like Visa, Skechers, Atlassian, Equinox, and Alcoa use SmartRecruiters to make recruiting a competitive advantage.