Reviews (1-25 of 89)
- Candidate review process.
- Tracking the progress of a new hire.
- Accessibility into reviews of colleagues.
- Filtering results based on keywords found in a resume.
- Alerts based on other user feedback on a candidate.
- In-screen resume preview.
- Candidate information management, i.e. managing duplications, historical reviews, contact management
- Identifying leads, processing, and also analytics to better understand the overall talent
- External candidate filtering and pipeline talent management
- The UIs are too much and tend to be very confusing
- SmartRecruiters doesn't manage the governance too well, I often get confused about what role am I looking at
- Doesn't have a great reviewer tracking methodology, i.e. reminders
- I love the integration with Google calendar because everyone who is involved in the interview gets an invitation and it shows up on your calendar.
- The use of auto-fill templates helps significantly and speeds up the time it takes to send an email to interested candidates.
- The offer approval process is easy to edit and helps keep everyone on the same page.
- Reporting features are very limited on SmartRecruiters. You're not able to run reports on what your team did throughout the week. Being able to track key performance indicators is very limited.
- There's missing pieces on the app side of things. For instance, on the app you get a notification of if there's an offer you need to approve. On the website, you do not get a notification (only email notification). As a result of this, offer approvals get lost in emails.
- I'd like to see more integration with text messaging. SmartRecruiters had mentioned they were in the works of creating text message notifications to confirm interviews and things like that. I haven't heard much more about it for the past 2-3 months, but this is something I'm very interested in.
- SmartRecruiter has a great support in customer care team who are available to provide support on any issues that arises.
- It has a clean user interface and is easy to navigate.
- It has great features that provide a smooth workflow when hiring applicants.
- It has some bugs which makes it slow when managing a large number of employees at the same time.
- Simple to design and utilize.
- It doesn't have a steep learning curve.
- Constant updates make the product even more fun and useful.
- Lacks the feature of scheduling interviews with applicants .
- Lacks the abilty to notify me when an applicant has emailed me.
- Provides transparency to candidates to see where they are in the application life cycle
- Collaborative capabilities for hiring committee to collect and understand opinions of candidate quickly across all hiring committee members
- Simple clean UI
- Integration with Workday to transfer user content into the HR system
Review: "SmartRecruiters - The Heavy-lifting Recruiting, Candidate Tracking and Hiring Process Software"
- Buttoned-up tried and true recruiting processes - just works!
- Collaborative and comprehensive recruiting and hiring systems
- Flexible enough to customize easily!
- SmartRecruiters could easily use some lower tier pricing packages - particularly for super small companies with smaller budgets who may be unable to keep up one year agreements. Option to downgrade during time of need, or during lull in hiring, should be easy - would help retain SmartRecruiters clients while clients maintain full access to their recruiting software systems.
- SmartRecruiters staff could be more helpful when the business has a need to downgrade levels (from $300/mo) to save in monthly expenditures, in order to keep clients. Or, at least offer an option to downgrade for little/no fee simply to have the business data retention factor - enabling for easy, quick upgrades for full access at later date (as in, seasonal businesses who hire once or twice per year).
- The Support Team is super responsive and quick to resolve issues accurately the first time! They are also super friendly, which goes a long way!
- SmartRecruiters allows users to customize the workflow based on their particular needs.
- The platform in general is very user friendly and compared to other ATS it is very intuitive and easy to train others on.
- The mobile app is great!
- As an agency, we would love to see SmartRecruiters roll out nationwide job listings that can push to aggregates in multiple locations!
- We would also like to see the platform tie into local and state college jobs boards including an integration with HandShake!
- SR iterates very well based on customer feedback. Myriad suggestions have been turned into product enhancements since we signed up with SR.
- The basics are there and done well. There are no major holes in the product for SMBs.
- Support is great. Every company touts there customer service, but SR has delivered for us.
- I see some need for automation with interview scheduling or at least an integration with a solution like Calendly.
- More vendor partners that deeply integrate into the tech.
- Tracking Applicants: At Edge, we had about 11 different offices we recruited for. Despite the high influx of applicants we had on a daily basis, SmartRecruiters is set up in such a way that it's easy to differentiate between offices and not lose track of applicants.
- User Friendly: SmartRecruiters navigation is very intuitive, and every service rep I spoke to was extremely helpful and quick to solve any problems I might have had.
- The only issue I ever encountered was the actual moving of candidates throughout the "Hiring Process." The navigation system works fine, I would just like to see it a little more fine-tuned.
- Easy to use
- Easy to sponsor an ad on multiple platforms
- Even my "non-tech savvy" employees can navigate this easily
- Very quick to navigate
- Logical approach to a recruiting tool
- Customer service is great but more "glitches" than I'd like
- No ability to text candidates, emails are clunky
- It's expensive compared to other similar platforms (paid version)
- Not as easy to customize
- Limited reporting features
- Connects me to applicants that I might not connect.
- SmartRecruiters is another tool to use in my recruitment of new staff.
- Smartrecruiters allows me to prescreen applicants without going through the interview process. I receive an email anytime there is a potential candidate to review.
- SmartRecruiters allows me a place to keep job descriptions posted indefinitely.
- Have SmartRecruiters screen applicants. For examples: try to gauge the level of interest an applicant has in finding a job...casual, semi-serious, serious; are they looking for full-time, part-time, on call; what hour are they looking for days, mids, nights, weekends.
- A link indicator of the applicant posting a resume. Some of the applicants are in their profile, some are attached, and it is not always easy to determine which is which.
- Have the applicant select an expiration date on their interest. For example, I was on vacation shortly before a recruit posted an interest. By time I got back to her, she was no longer interested. However, I spent 3 days trying to pursue her before discovering her lack of interest.
- Creating and seamlessly syndicating job postings across the right places on the web
- Managing a database of job candidates in an easy-to-navigate interface
- Collaborating with our team throughout the entire selection process
- Communicating with candidates through the hiring process
- Sorting candidates by various attributes and ratings
- We never nail a job description the first time. A more clear and seamless edit function would ensure we can make changes on the fly without walking through the entire publishing process again
- Making blind hiring easier would be helpful
- Candidates often miss our request to upload additional documents because the only place to add it is buried in the main description
- Would be nice to upload or embed better media from more sources
- Integration with other job networks means the formatting looks a little funky when uploaded
- Collaborate with hiring team
- Integrates with job boards
- Communication with candidates
- Provides a record of who said what and when
- Search for specific jobs, particularly my jobs
- Mobile functionality, specifically with my jobs- doesn’t seem to be a wY to default to those
We hire two types of candidates: technicians and customer service/sales staff. It works equally well for both.
- Has a lot of filters to get exactly the job or candidate you want to view.
- iIt's very user friendly to post jobs and update a candidate's status.
- I like the reporting tool, it shows where we are coming short in the recruiting process.
- Glitches from time to time.
- The smartrecruiters app could be better with more functionality.
- Generate an applicant pool quickly.
- Track applicants through the hiring process.
- Posting positions to multiple job boards.
- Unable to skin the SaaS interface. Green may clash with your company branding.
- Lack of support for Job Posting Schema https://schema.org/JobPosting, used by some government job boards.
The inability to skin, brand or create a sub-domain for the SaaS experience can lead to a jarring user experience, particularly for users trying to check out multiple jobs.
We made the move to SmartRecruiters from another platform that really wasn't addressing our needs, it just wasn't flexible enough, and there was too much manual work required. We are hiring 50-60+ people a year and we screen 100s if not 1000s of candidates so needed a platform that could really help simplify the process from gathering candidates to shuffling them through our hiring process.
- Job postings - I really like the ability to create job templates and then to use those templates as you are putting up new posts. It simplifies a lot of the overhead required in creating new job listings.
- Email templates - probably one of my most favorite features of the platform. You can create different email templates, e.g. setting up an initial phone screen, requesting a technical phone screen, gathering references. Then you just need to select the template and hit send. Saves me a tone of time from having to copy and past emails every time.
- Hiring team management - I appreciate the simplicity of managing the different folks who are on the hiring team. The platform makes it easy to add/remove individuals and makes sure that any confidential information, e.g. salary is exposed to those that shouldn't see it.
- Offer template - Another area where SmartRecruiters really makes my life easy. The ability to upload various offer templates so when we are at the point of making an offer to a candidate we just have to select the template, specific a couple of inputs (e.g. salary, options, start date) and hit save. PDF is automatically created and I can then send in a quick email directly from the platform.
- Job board postings - when we first started we would get a lot of organic candidates coming to us from various job boards that SmartRecruiters would post for free. Then all of a sudden the number applying just dropped off dramatically as it appears that the number of free job boards they post to was shrunk.
- Letters of reference - there is no way to request/collect letters of reference directly in the platform. This means you have to manage that piece yourself outside of the platform which creates a lot of busy work. They have the ability to handle emails and attachment directly within the tool, I don't see why they haven't added support for this very common step in the hiring process.
- Notifications - notifications are sporadic at best. Sometimes a candidate applies or notes are added to a candidate's profile and you get an email and other times you don't.
- Easy to navigate, clean interface.
- Good communication with recruitment and hiring managers.
- Candidate rating system.
- Adding a functionality where it is possible to parse a resume via Outlook.
- When a candidate applies to more than one role and is hired to one role the rest of the applications should be eliminated so he/she doesn't remain available.
- Address input in the profile section.
- Sending job postings to other social media/job aggregators for free.
- Helps you organize and keep good notes on candidates and potential candidates for all the different positions available for hire.
- I'm able to see if another location hired or has already corresponded with a certain candidate.
- Keeps track of candidates that have been interviewed and gives us the ability to correspond with the candidate before offering an in person interview.
- More drop down options so there is less typing input.
- The interface has become fairly polished and easy to use.
- The multiple job boards are nice, and being able to add multiple paid or unpaid options is nice.
- The application processes are very seamless.
- Don't really love the color scheme.
- Not a huge fan of how the job description & other fields are segmented.
- UX/UI could use a refresh.
- The Apps on Android and Iphone are great while on the run.
- The ability to assess and see that as a consolidated score across Team members is great.
- Applicants love the auto import from Linkedin and Facebook.
- Adhoc reporting is not available on Team version.
SmartRecruiters is being implemented across the organization. All managers, recruiters, business partners and directors will use the system on a day to day basis. The employee population will also have access to the employee site/referral portal. The system allow us to work smarter not longer. It allows us to save money on job board distribution and integrates well with LinkedIn.
- Outlook integration is fantastic
- Notifications to the management team
- The ability to change things your self is amazing.
- There is no ability to post only internally, every job gets posted internally and externally
- The levels of security and functionality needs to be rethought. Managers should be able to view but not edit.
- SmartRecruiters is totally customizable to our needs and as a bonus it was already integrated with our employment screening service provider, which really makes tracking our candidates progress that much easier.
- SmartRecruiters offers multiple ways of keeping track of your progress and helps us to stay at the top of our game as a team.
- SmartRecruiters also offers us the ability to be able to view other team members jobs so that in their absense we are able to assist and keep candidates up to date with their progres.
- I really do not have any cons at this time.
SmartRecruiters Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
|Corporate||Varies, per FTE||Billed annually|
|Global||Varies, per FTE||Billed annually|
|SmartStart||Free||up to 10 active job postings|
The software subscription is determined by the number of full time employees in your company. A one time cost to set up software, including customizations, integrations, data migration and training.
SmartRecruiters Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SmartRecruiters Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|