Overall Satisfaction with Splashtop SOS
I am an independent tech consultant, providing support to small businesses and people at home. Instead of visiting clients at their homes or offices to resolve issues, I no exclusively use Splashtop SOS to serve their needs while talking them through while I am on the phone with them. I can provide support as if I were present at their site. In addition to providing safety during the pandemic, my permanent move to this strategy has eliminated all work related travel which saves myself and my clients both time and money.
- Easy set up by client by downloading small application.
- Quickly connects to client computer once they provide 9 digit code.
- Full functionality to remotely control computers.
- Works with both PCs and Macs.
- Very reasonable cost compared to similar much more expensive programs.
- Able to access multiple computers at the same time.
- iPhone and iPad screen sharing by client is awkward and seems to disconnect.
- Quickness of establishing connection.
- Full access to client computers.
- Value of product: cost for having the functionality available for the small amount of work I do.
- Very short return on investment: a few billable hours pays for annual license.
- I can provide quick response to customer needs with no travel time.
- As a semi-retired person, I can continue to do business conveniently on a limited basis.
Do you think Splashtop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Splashtop's feature set?
Did Splashtop live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Splashtop go as expected?
Would you buy Splashtop again?
Splashtop SOS is suited to any situation where hands-on tech support is needed including dealing with multiple computers. Obviously, it cannot be used if the client does not have Internet access. For some situations, administrative access may be needed to troubleshoot a problem. In rare cases where client user does not have such access, this could be a problem. This normally can easily be remedied by the client or the clients onsite IT person.