In the advertising industry, it is important to have an idea of what a potential client is doing, advertising wise, before we call on them. If they have ran PPC in the past, it is a good in to come and talk to them about successes/failures. If they have not, it is a good in to see if they would be interested in speaking about opportunities PPC might create for their business. Also, figuring out keywords associated with their business helps when we transition to AdWords and run budgets.
- Ease of use
- Ability to see what advertising has been done in the past
- Ability to target keywords and see previous ads
- Some portions are not well explained as to what they are for
- Many keywords have no relevance to the selected business
- Graphs can be difficult to work with at times
- Better equipped to set appointments with potential clients
- Better understanding of the digital advertising world
- Great insight into what businesses are running paid and organic advertising campaigns
I have not really used any other products. I would say it would be very difficult for something to compare and compete with Spyfu due to its ease of use, great data, and productivity levels. Fortunately I have never had any major problems and would not look for a competitive product to substitute with.
I do not make the decision to renew, but if I did I would most likely renew.
I would say if you are using it for advertising sales its a great tool. If you own your own business and want to see what the competition is doing it is also a great too. If you did not have a great need for assessing marketing/advertising budgets and campaigns then it would probably be less important.