January 04, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Square POS
We use Square POS for our ticket sales at the ticket window for our annual corn maze. This allows us to take payments using wifi as opposed to a dedicated credit card phone line and save money. We are able to take payments using swipe, chip, tap and apple/android pay which really helps us stay up-to-date with the times.
- taking several different methods of credit card payments ie. swipe, tap, chip, and apple/android pay
- Itemized pos system allows us to use a tablet for all our register needs. We do not use the print or cash box functions, but we use it for credit card payments strictly. We hope to eventually switch over completely to Square POS
- Easy to use and great customer support
- If you want to do more than just take credit cards there is a plethora of equipment to choose from. It can get pretty expensive to set up though when purchasing equipment.
- You are only as fast as your internet/cell service signal which can slow things down a bit. They do have an offline mode, but that can be risky because you don't really know if the card went through until you get back to service.
- Positive impact on ROI because the fees are minimal and competitive with other ways we could process payments. It allows us to accept cards without having to pay for extra landlines, and it speeds up our checkout process.
We use ours for processing credit card payments when people come to the window to purchase tickets. We have tried to use it as a complete POS system at another point where we sell simple things like water and sunscreen. It worked well and the reports were great. We had some issues with cell service and internet because we are out in the country, that is the only reason we haven't switched everything yet.