Overall Satisfaction with Square POS
Square POS is used by our organization for any and all events that we host to raise money for our company's foundation. As a large construction company, we don't use POS to receive payments for our large clients on construction projects because we are talking about $1,000,000 invoices, as such we don't have an easy way to accept payments for smaller amounts such registrations and sponsorships of events like golf tournaments, etc. We put these events on often for our foundation, and we were constantly being asked by our attendees how they could pay using credit cards. We ultimately implemented Square POS because it is easy, cheap to implement and get started, and the fees are comparable to more complex systems that wouldn't make sense for us.
- Easy tracking of payment receipts for the user.
- Easy sending receipts for payors.
- Easy use, particularly with the chip reader.
- Very quick processing time, regardless of connection speed we have had great results.
- Easy to set up quick shortcut options as well as create custom transactions.
- Their old swipe option was very difficult, it rarely correctly reads cards and requires manual input of numbers, chip reader addresses this problem.
- If you don't input customer information, it can be difficult to quickly look at records and know which transaction was for what or whom.
- It has made it easier for our clients to pay for events.
- It has increased client and vendor participation in events, because of the alternate payment method to submitting a check which many companies are moving away from.
- It has been one piece of increased net profit at events.
Square is cheaper to begin using, Lightspeed costs more with setup and monthly fees in addition to fees per transaction. Rates per transactions are variable which makes everything harder to track right off. Does allow for setup of individual transaction types for speed in use at events, etc. Not as easy to use as Square in my opinion.
It is great for in-person credit card transactions of almost any kind. It is wonderful as an option for companies such as us to use for events that we put on, especially since we don't have any other POS option installed, and our AR receives payment directly via wire and check from our clients on a more regular basis. It would not be appropriate for us (large general contractor) to use for our AR transactions in the regular course of business. It wouldn't be appropriate for organizations where invoicing is more typical.