Overall Satisfaction with Tealium iQ Tag Management System
The marketing team manages TiQ and we use the software to implement tags and custom solutions such as live chat. We also alter the behavior of the site based on data that we have about a user. We fire tags both client-side and server-side. The main business problem solved is removing the bottleneck of engineering to get involved to implement changes. TiQ makes it easy to make a few updates and deploy it live within minutes.
- Multiple environments for easy testing and deploying
- Tag library is extensive and makes it easy to add new pixels
- Ease of deployment and rollback if necessary
- Consistency of extensions with conditions
- Load rule conditions can cause exceptions if not built right. Easy fix on TiQ ends that's never been implemented.
- Additional scopes of when to run code within a tag would be nice.
- Updates can be performed within minutes instead of needing to wait for the next sprint cycle allowing us quicker conversion tracking
GTM is great for beginners. The GTM data layer isn't as useful as what Tealium uses. You can do more with less in TiQ. For example, you can have 1 Google Analytics tag that handles all of your page views and events. You would need multiple tags configured within GTM to perform this same function.
Do you think Tealium Customer Data Hub delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Tealium Customer Data Hub's feature set?
Did Tealium Customer Data Hub live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Tealium Customer Data Hub go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Tealium Customer Data Hub again?
The more technical you are the easier the platform will be, but they have plenty of no-code options to help the general marketer make some basic updates.
I have not been impressed with support while being a customer. They are slow to respond and typically are argumentative about issues with their system.
TiQ is a great product and I find it more powerful than GTM. TiQ extensions are such a powerful feature making it easy to manipulate and track the data the way you want. TiQ is enterprise-level software and comes with a large sticker price. If you're just starting out, go with GTM until your marketing program advances to where you want more functionality.