TeamViewer - Desktop from anywhere
April 10, 2018

TeamViewer - Desktop from anywhere

Overall Satisfaction with TeamViewer

I personally, and I know several others in my company use teamviewer to access a desktop that is not onsite. So if you're at home and need to get a file off your work computer, you can use teamviewer to gain access to the desktop at your work computer. You have full control of that computer, and you can do it from virtually any device. It's very cool.
  • Monitor sharing
  • Screen sharing
  • Presentations
  • I know there's no way around it really, but it sucks when my work computer is off. I can't use Teamviewer then obviously.
  • Public file shares are inaccessible.
  • Would love the ability to somehow turn a device on.
  • It's definitely saved me trips to the home or office
  • Screen sharing makes collaboration a lot easier
  • Less travel required
  • WebEx
I don't believe that WebEx offers the same functionality that teamviewer does, in that I want access to my devices that I might not physically have on me at the time. WebEx is great for cold calls and screen sharing, but I don't believe it allows you to access the desktop of a device in a remote location.
I have to submit a good amount of RFP/RFQ/RFI responses in my line of work, so having the most recent version of a file is vital to me. If I have any issue with a file, I'm able to access any of my computers or other devices to get the version I might need, using teamviewer.

TeamViewer Feature Ratings

Screen sharing
File transfer
Instant message
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers
Over-the-Internet remote session
Initiate remote control from mobile
Remote management of servers & workstations
Remote Active Directory® management