Overall Satisfaction with TeamViewer
TeamViewer is one of a few different remote support tools in use within the business, each tool has its own pros and cons.
- Ease of use for end users.
- Fast to use.
- Good quality remote connections.
- Elevating to admin (Windows) is poorly implemented.
- Quick connect in Linux doesn't allow you to choose a session (breaks if the user is using XRDP).
- Changing details on saved computers is poorly implemented, easier to delete and re-add.
Bomgar remote support handles Windows UAC prompts in a far better manner than TeamViewer. The remote user is able to input their administrative username and password at any time required within the session, without needing to disclose this to you.
Do you think TeamViewer delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TeamViewer's feature set?
Did TeamViewer live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of TeamViewer go as expected?
Would you buy TeamViewer again?
Use of TeamViewer to remotely control Windows computers where you have the admin password is well suited, though you do need to elevate to admin on connection - cannot do so via a UAC prompt. Use on remote machines where you do not have the admin password (supporting a 3rd party business) is poor due to the ability to use UAC.