Teamwork makes the dream work
Updated February 18, 2020
Teamwork makes the dream work
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Teamwork Projects
Our entire organization uses TeamWork, and I highly rely on it every single day. We use it to organize clients as well as projects within each client. It helps us track the progress, know what the next steps are, keep communication organized, and track time for billing purposes. There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but once it is implemented it helps things run so much smoother (especially compared to Zoho, Asana, Basecamp, etc.)!
- Teamwork allows you to split up a project by task lists. This helps you see the nitty-gritty of what needs to be done.
- Teamwork has a "milestone" feature so that you can see the larger picture and the core steps to take to complete the project.
- Teamwork allows you to track time on a task-by-task basis so that you can show clients more detailed reports.
- Although the time tracking feature is great, it doesn't sync with QuickBooks, which complicates things a bit.
- Unless you have the setting JUST right, you will get an email about EVERYTHING.
- Moving milestones is easy once you learn it, but until then it can be very messy and complicated.
- When used properly, I can use TeamWork to show me how much time we've spent on an entire project to see if we were profitable or not.
- Occasionally I'll have a developer log time on the wrong project. I never want to invoice a client for work they didn't have done, so I have to be very diligent in having people put descriptions to their time logs.
- TeamWork has kept us organized internally, but it has also given us the chance to show our clients the roadmap to their project, which has saved a lot of clients from leaving.
TeamWork is great! Most things are pretty intuitive, and the things that aren't can be figured out within the first week. I have prepared a training document for my employees so that they understand TeamWork and its purpose right away. That is how much I feel like we rely on this software.
TeamWork support is good, but not great. They meet quarterly to discuss new features they should add, so you don't see things right away. Also, as soon as you are an admin, expect to get annoying emails about upgrading. We have a paid account and it is perfect for us. I just don't like getting more emails than needed.
For my purposes, Teamwork blows all other project management systems out of the water. They are providing more frequent updates as well so the software is always improving. Teamwork's mobile app isn't as good as some other's, but that is not my main device, so that doesn't bother me very much.
If you have a one-off project that only has two or three main tasks, then TeamWork may be a bit too advanced for your needs. If you are working on a medium to large project where there will be several people working on it at different times with 20+ tasks in different categories, then TeamWork is perfect for you! It organizes larger projects so well.