Overall Satisfaction with TOPdesk
We have recently moved from BMC Track-It! to TOPdesk for our Information Technology support tickets and change management needs. Other departments such as word processing and online learning also use TOPdesk to manage their work requests. We needed a modern solution to provide all levels of technical support to our users, as well as better visibility into our operations for our managers. We plan on rolling out the usage of TOPdesk for asset inventory, and we are using TOPdesk for supplying our end users with self-help and submitting their own trouble tickets via the web.
20 - IT service and support management, word processing service management, and online learning support and service management.
- Clear correspondence with our users.
- An easy to view list of past ad future change management items.
- An easy to navigate self help knowlegebase.
- The widgets are helpful, but being able to have separate ones for specific ticket types would be helpful.
- The ability to integrate into a departmental google calendar for change management would be helpful.
- Displaying dates in a short numeric format would save on screen real estate.
- This one is highest on my list - the ability to mass edit / assign tickets!
- We've only been using TOPdesk for about a month, so we're not seeing much use of the self-help as of yet. We are still educating our end users on its capability.
- It's nice not having to maintain an on-prem server for our ticket system.
- BMC Track-It!
We were a Track-It shop for over 15 years and TOPdesk is a far better tool in most respects. The biggest thing I miss is the ability to mass edit or assign tickets. Opening each ticket to do so is cumbersome. The biggest thing I like about TOPdesk is the formatting and clarity of the email updates to our requesters and technicians.
I have only had a few meetings with TOPdesk support since our deployment, but so far they have adequately answered our questions and addressed our concerns. As I've stated, we've only been using TOPdesk for about a month, and we're still learning the system. Some of our issues have simply been "how do I do what I used to do in Track-It?"
Do you think TOPdesk delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with TOPdesk's feature set?
Did TOPdesk live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of TOPdesk go as expected?
Would you buy TOPdesk again?