A Great Tool for Segmentation
August 17, 2021
A Great Tool for Segmentation
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Totango
- Totango provides us with data unavailable on other platforms. You can easily create and save relevant segments of data that allow users to get a holistic view of their portfolios.
- I particularly like the email campaign feature. You can easily organize campaigns based on previously created segments.
- Task creation and task management allow our team to cycle through our portfolio and be aware of changes across 300+ client portfolios.
- Totango doesn't integrate with the tools we use. It would be great to have more integrations.
- Totango has many, many clicks. I think the UX could be improved. For example, when closing a task you have to wait until a bottom bar that says "Task completed" disappears before you can move on to the next task. I feel like I have to click a lot of little things to get my job done.
We are able to have a better handle and overview of our customer success portfolio. We have many data points that we couldn't find elsewhere. We then create tasks and workflows based on this data. This ranges from a 1-to-1 approach or 1-to-many approaches using campaigns. Additionally, anyone from onboarding and success can have the company's history ready to go in Totango. This has been very helpful during handovers and the overall transition between teams.
- We are now able to regularly speak to all of our customers.
- We now have data that helps us have better conversations with customers.
To be completely honest, I am a user and I am not too aware of the security standards and regulations Totango has to offer. However, in my time with the tool, I have not had any issues or problems regarding security. An admin/POC would be better suited to respond.
The touchpoints have allowed us to keep track of our 300+ client portfolio. We can make sure we speak to everyone at least once per quarter and that we speak to important/bigger/demanding accounts multiple times per quarter. Also, we have quite a lot of handover between onboarding and even between the customer success team itself since we are growing. The touchpoint history allows us to have an overview of everything that has happened in the account.
I haven't really used other tools that are similar to Totango. Prior to this, we worked what we could with Salesforce and other internal tools, but now we use them both and they complement each other well.
Do you think Totango delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Totango's feature set?
Did Totango live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Totango go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Totango again?
Best scenarios to use Totango: segment creation and campaigns. I have a very organized folder with different segments that I check regularly to understand my client's health and to try to predict/prevent churn. While task management does help us between teams, I wish we could integrate into another system that we use all the time. Or if all users would be able to get email alerts based on their tasks. I use Totango as a tool to analyze my portfolio rather than something that is always open and I'm constantly checking multiple times per day.