Overall Satisfaction with Trello
We currently use Trello to track operational checklists and dates for eight different locations. We are able to have one employee create cards for each event, assign dates to those events, and then (using Zapier) automatically push those dates to Outlook Calendar. Once on that calendar, supervisors and location managers can quickly look at their upcoming tasks for the week/month to better plan their time.
- Assign dates/times to event
- Create detailed checklists
- Track progress on a task
- Easy to organize
- Easy to duplicate items to save time
- The UI is a little clunky, requiring too many clicks at times
- The calendar integration within Trello is limited
- Some of the add-ons should just be features and others are superfluous in a professional work environment (stickers)
- Greatly reduced uncertainty about what needs to be done and when
- Gives employees a clear path to finishing a project
- Helped me end the organizational trend of finishing things 90% and abandoning them
If you want a universal view of multiple areas, it's not ideal. If you are working on any project that requires multiple users, this is a great tool. It won't replace a SCRUM system but if you aren't interested in that level of complication it should work just fine for your project management needs.