Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
- Offering a user community where users can collaborate with other UltiPro customers. This really helps when you are looking for ideas or how others may handle a task or even a problem that you are running into.
- They keep up to date with big/new regulations and laws coming into effect (PPACA, upcoming FLSA Exemption, etc.) and make it easy for the customer to adjust and get on the right track.
- Continue to bring us new features based on customer feedback.
- I wish their reporting was more of a dashboard approach where they put some standard reports with charts and graphs available with a click of button. They offer a lot of capabilities to build your own reports but it can really end up taking a lot of time to build a report.
- Some of the tasks are not as streamlined as I think they should be. For example, when someone on our team processes a job change where the work location also changes, they have to first fill out the 'Change Job' function and then have to switch to go to another tab to change the employee's location. But it's just about switching tabs, the 'Change Job' function is effective dated and the work location will automatically post to the employee's history. This results in a current dated line item in the employee's history and then when the 'Change Job' gets approved with a date that is backdated (very common) the request would not go through due to a date in the history being greater than the date of the job change.
- Their Org Charting feature is not very user friendly when trying to print or export to a workable format. (I hear they are working on this though! :)
UltiPro's payroll processing has been very smooth and never really had any issues. The Time and Attendance system is probably the most unliked for us, it is just difficult to administer and a lot of manual process to manage our PTO (a pro-rated balance for our mid year hires and for balance transfer rules at the end of the year.)
For the most part we are satisfied with all the other different modules that UtliPro provides us. There of course are a few things in some modules that don't work exactly how we would like it to but we have found ways to make work arounds or ways to adjust our process to fit what UltiPro provides. I'm liking what the future looks like for UltiPro and for all new features they are working on to further enhance their product.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Not well integrated
- Managing Benefit/Deduction Start Dates to coordinate with the appropriate payroll. (manual)
- Pay rate changes for mid-pay period adjustments. (Manual)