Ultipro is the ultimate choice for HRIS!
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
- Business intelligence and reporting. This was our main reason for choosing Ultipro. The reporting capabilities are robust, easier to use than other providers and are more technologically advanced. They understand the KPI's that we need to track and evaluate.
- Configurability. Ulti is very flexible on allowing clients to build their own fields based on their company needs, and you can actually report on those fields! And you aren't as limited to where you add a field - most (if not all, haven't found one yet that can't) modules and windows can be configured.
- Responsiveness to client requests and ideas. Ultipro has implemented features at the request of clients and it is great to see that they welcome the feedback and work hard to incorporate the ideas to help us manage our business better.
- Rapid response - the payroll critical tech support is fast, knowledgeable and efficient. You don't have to worry about missing your deadline.
- We struggled with the general ledger coding, but only because we have a complicated GL and we didn't have access to code it ourselves. Ultimate fixed that in 2015. They opened up the GL to their clients last year. Now that we can update and revise our own GL coding, we have no issues with GL!
- Customer service. The customer service model is excellent as you have one dedicated service rep. You can build a relationship with one person instead of being bounced around to multiple reps and whoever happens to be answering that day/time. We did not like our previous providers process of "press 1 for HR, press 2 for payroll, press 3 for tax." Sometimes you think you have a payroll question and it turns out to be tax - or you know it is a payroll question but the payroll person transfers you to tax! We used to have a lot of frustration with our previous provider's tech support solution. The only draw back to Ultimate's customer service model is that if your one dedicated rep is new or less knowledgeable it can be frustrating to feel like you are training them or that it may take longer for a solution. Fortunately you do have the ability to escalate to your next level customer service rep.
- We have found some limitations within the compensation model as to the pro-ration rule not working properly. I understand they are working on that, but our annual wage increase process ended up being more cumbersome as we had to do some manual manipulation. Looking forward to that module being upgraded.
- Ultimate needs to get the mobile app up and running, especially for the ATS portion in recruitment. Feedback from candidates say that applying through a handheld device is not user friendly. I understand this is being developed now.
- Another compensation related comment. Managers should be able to see their employees compa-ratios, pay grade and ranges at all times. Right now they can only see them when we have a task assigned (annual salary increases for example). This is something that should be easily accessible always.
UKG Pro Feature Ratings
- We are hoping to go completely electronic for personnel records. There are some limitations right now.
- Would like to get company financial information into a report for Human Capital. Currently still pulling report data into Excel to incorporate into a professional all encompassing report. I know it is possible as I have seen the Ultipro dashboard for this. We just aren't there yet.
- Really want to roll out policies and acknowledgments through Ultipro. They aren't quite capable of that yet.
Evaluating UltiPro and Competitors
We had ADP for payroll and Ceridian for recruitment. Before that we had Great Plains.
Neither ADP or Ceridian (or Great Plains) offered a complete package, in one solution, that would meet our needs. The reporting capabilities weren't great in either one. Both had pros and cons. We had frustrations with ADP's benefits solutions and their reporting module. Our biggest frustration with ADP was their customer service. My Payroll Manager could have worked for ADP and done a better job at solving problems. Payroll vendors should only hire tech support that understand payroll (have run payroll before) and those that have been an end user in their software. We only used Ceridian for recruitment, and that worked pretty well. Their reporting capabilities were lacking however.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Analyst Reports
- Third-party Reviews
- Getting the general ledger right.
- Ability to extract data from our previous vendor was a huge hurdle and long painful process.
- Vacation accruals took time to get right.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- All functions are easy to perform. Sometimes it seems there are unnecessary steps (too many clicks) in a few areas, but overall the end-user experience is very easy.
- Business Intelligence takes some training because it is complex. But with proper training you can get it. And the BI customer service is fantastic at answering questions very quickly.
- Too many steps in approving vacation requests.