Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
The previous IT manager had purchased 2 Unitrends appliances. They were never set up properly and I have had a few issues with getting everything configured. Once I have been able to get to a support representative, they have been very helpful and knowledgeable. I did have issues even getting to support on one occasion. They recommend chat, but the chat was down for a few hours and calls to support number ended with a generic voicemail which took hours to get a return call. Once configured, it appears to be backing up most of the servers without issue, but I have had one machine that has had problems backing up. The standard methods of uninstalling the agent and re-configuring have not been successful in correcting the problem.
- Backups run to hard drives on the appliance.
- The alerting from the appliance is very helpful to see when something doesn't complete properly.
- The support people are easily understood on the phone and very knowledgeable.
- There is no way to add additional storage to the appliance once it is purchased.
- The interface is not intuitive. I have been consulting in the SMB space for over a decade and it took a couple of calls to support to set it up properly.
- Getting to support has been hit or miss. Sometimes I have gotten right through, other times I have had to spend hours trying to contact them.
- With the difficulty of setting it up, one appliance was never configured properly. This resulted in the product sitting on the floor in a box for about 10 months.