Overall Satisfaction with Vena
We currently use Vena for only our extensively detailed global recurring revenue model in the finance dept. Our model has always been very detailed, one of which excel alone can no longer handle. We moved the model onto Vena platform and resolved the file size issue by storing the data used in the cloud instead of on the spreadsheet. Vena's capability to dynamically expand wherever there is need to made maintenance of the model, reports, and templates much easier.
- Dynamic expansion and mapping.
- Integrations with other tools.
- Data and file storage in the cloud.
- Template automation encountering issues due to certain excel functions used.
- Mac users often have issues.
- There should be a built-in option to automatically overwrite actual periods with actual data in forecast scenarios.
- Users must be proficient in Excel to use Vena to its full potential.
Do you think Vena delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Vena's feature set?
Did Vena live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Vena go as expected?
Would you buy Vena again?
- Excel only model stopped functioning due to file size and formula errors, Vena allowed us to continue the core of the model while storing the data in cloud and dynamically expanding to accommodate the growing price plans of our product.
Vena sales team connected us to the customer services team. We were onboarded with training and assigned with an implementation specialist. Implementation was done by an extremely intelligent excel expert who incorporated complex formulas to make our model better than the previous excel-only model.
The actual data from the data warehouse is automatically loaded into our model, eliminating the need to manually feed the actuals. We therefore only focus on the projections.
Different software has different pros and cons. The pros of Vena is that it is Excel-based. One can do a lot in Excel if the user is already Excel-proficient. Other software may be better for those who are less Excel-proficient.
Current forecasting models using only Excel should move on to use a cloud-based forecasting platform. Vena should be considered if the core of the team using the software is Excel proficient. Expert services are recommended for engagement if forecasting model setup changes frequently. Not recommended for Mac users.