VMTurbo has great dashboards
Updated September 23, 2017
VMTurbo has great dashboards
Score 9 out of 10
Cloud Edition,Enterprise Edition
Overall Satisfaction with Turbonomic (formerly VMTurbo)
We use VMTurbo Operations Manage to optimise our VMware estate so we can get the best performance out of it. It allows us to tune the estate to ensure all VMs are performing as well as possible.
- Telling us when VMs are either over or under provisioned by looking at how they are actually used.
- Telling us when hosts require upgrading.
- Telling us when VMs need moving to hit our performance targets.
- Setting up automation does seem tricky.
- Dashboard refresh does not always seem to work automatically.
- Cannot really put a figure on it. It did spot an issue with a host that was about to fail. It allowed us to move the VMs off without affecting users. SO I suppose that helped our customer service by not giving our users an unplanned outage.
It allows VMs to be moved to better performing hosts, or if required assign more memory/CPUs to VMs that are under performing. This greatly improves performance and IT staff efficiency. I also like how the can reduce memory/CPUs to VMs that have been over allocated too.
It was the first [prodcut] I came across that had the dashboard features I was looking for. None of the others that I looked at; I did not test any; had these features. That is why I chose this product.
Using Turbonomic (formerly VMTurbo)
3 - The main users are second line IT technicians who need to ensure our VM estate is performing as efficiently as possible. Our VMTurbo configuration is weighted heavily on the performance optimisation side
3 - The same second line technicians support VMTurbo. If they have any issues, we back them off to the excellent VMTurbo support. We have had no issues in the way we have been supported. In fact, the support has been proactive!
- Ensuring optimum performance of our VMs
- Checking VMs are not over or under provisioned for resource
- Alerting on critical issues with our VM estate
- Being able to plan for new implementations without impacting on live systems
- Having a great custom dashboard on our large screen wall showing the status of our VM estate
- Regular reports showing the performance of our estate emailed to us
- Currently VMTurbo fulfils everything we could want it to do
- Maybe a more simpler way of automating certain commands
Evaluating Turbonomic and Competitors
Yes - We were looking for a product that had a simple dashboard showing the status of our VM estate
- Product Features
- Product Usability
We initially only wanted the free dashboard. But once the vendor showed us what else we could do with the product, we were sold. It has made a huge impact on the way we manage our estate. We could not believe that VMTurbo could report on over or under resourced VMs, or on hosts that were under pressure
VMTurbo was easy to setup and implement. Probably helped by the remote telephone support we received. It was a simple process and and fairly painless. More complex configuration was achieved via a webex session and the support was greatly appreciated
Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled - A simple change request was raised to create the VMTurbo server. And another raised to create the automated processes that we talked about with the support team on the initial setup calls
They are very knowledgeable. They respond quickly. We get proactive calls. We get training on the product. We get courtesy calls to see how we are coping. I cannot rate the support from VMTurbo high enough, they are a great team
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
I think VMTurbo works really well in our environment. We can see instantly if there are any issues woth our estate. And we can fix most of them from within the product. For most operations it is very simple to use. For more complex tasks a call to the support team is often required, But they are great and very knowledgeable and helpful
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
- Setting up dashboards
- Seeing with VMs are over or under resourced
- resolving issues reported with VMs on hosts that need moving