Overall Satisfaction with VMTurbo Operations Manager
VMTurbo is our strategic tool to maximize our data center resource and is used by many teams:
- Infrastructure - "right-size" VMs, reduce VM sprawl, balance workloads, troubleshoot performance bottlenecks
- Platform - Dashboards to monitor application performance
- Management - weekly reporting, trending and forcasting
- Easy to install and configure.
- Interface is intuitive. Dashboard is easy to set up. Reporting is also simple yet concise.
- Very intelligent analytics with fully customizable settings.
- Option to increase daily data retention
- Global scheduling - same schedule can be applied to other tasks
- Optimize use of resource by right sizing VMs
- Able to reduce waste by identifying orphaned, under-used, powered off, and un-claimed disk space
We can now place VMs by workload so everything can run smoothly without painful peaks.
We were using vROPs (vRealize Operations Manager) but felt it was too cumbersome to maintain without a dedicated resource. VMTurbo is much easier to use and maintain. Even though there is overlap in the 2 tools, we have kept vROPs as a "tactical troubleshooting tool" at the ESX host level where as VMTurbo is better at the entire infrastructure level.