VNC, reliable, user friendly, keeps us working quicker and more efficiently.https://www.trustradius.com/remote-desktopVNC ConnectUnspecified8.2801012017-06-15T17:31:51.269Z
Updated June 15, 2017
VNC, reliable, user friendly, keeps us working quicker and more efficiently.
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with VNC
Our organization uses VNC to remotely connect with our campuses and administration offices. [This] allows us to work more efficiently by providing support to end users without having to travel to each location. VNC is being used across the whole organization. VNC addresses the problem of having enough technicians and support personnel to travel to each location to provide troubleshooting assistance. Our district is too large to physically go to each location every time an employee needs assistance. VNC allows us the opportunity to provide fast and efficient service.
- VNC works wonderfully for remote access for troubleshooting an end user's computer.
- VNC allows seamless file transfers.
- Can be used in the classroom to allow students to view what a teacher is doing on their computer.
- Depending on the strength of the network, VNC does have an issue that it may run slow.
- Some users have had concerns about security on VNC. If one end user has a virus, then it could cause a transfer, but our district has put in to place additional security procedures to prevent this issue.
- Clipboard transfers don't always translate properly. It is better to transfer a file instead of copying and pasting between computers while using VNC.
- VNC has provided a positive impact on our help desk proficiency allowing us to not waste time and money.
- VNC has provided our end users to feel that they are getting help when they need it and allows them to get back to work quicker, saving us money and giving us happier employees (there is no price on that!).
We have been using VNC for many years now and continue to use VNC due to its reliability and ease of use. When we need quick access to a remote computer for troubleshooting, VNC doesn't glitch or cause disconnects. Sometimes it may run slow but that is due to network issues, not the VNC program. Overall, VNC is reliable and user-friendly.
VNC is well suited to provide remote troubleshooting to another employee. Sometimes a phone call or email description of a problem an employee is having isn't enough to allow us as technicians to provide a solution. With VNC, we can remote into that computer and see for ourselves what the issue is that is causing the employee problems. This is great to provide quick, and efficient support without having to wait for a technician to arrive at the location to put their hands on the computer. VNC is less appropriate when we have to transfer files. This works best by using the cloud to save and transfer files, then through VNC do the repairs needed on the employee's computer.