Remote Desktop Manager (RDM) from Canadian software company Devolutions is a remote administration and credential management tool for securely centralizing multiple remote connections and sensitive data.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ys/l4/WGIJL5C2K1X0.PNGRDN should be called Connection Magician because it has so many magic tricksI use it in multiple companies to access my resources. I also use it at home to support my customers. I've created some automatic connections so I don't have to start my VPN connections all the time. I don't have to worry if I'm on site VPNed in or not, RDM does the checking and connecting for me. It saves me time when I'm in a hurry to connect to a resource to fix an issue. Also, I use a shared data source on OneDrive so I don't have to spend my time copying my password to different laptops. Saves me time and hassle. The price is very reasonable and with the amount of time, I save it's well worth the coins. I've been using it for years and have not seen a product that makes me want to change.,Creates dynamic connections that don't require me to remember all my passwords Creates dynamic connections that don't require to check if I'm local or remote. RDM does it for me Support multiple types of connections and information repository.,Honestly, for my usage, I have not found any missing features. It works great and does what it needs to for me.,10,ROI on the product is great. The low cost lets me save time and effort when needing to connect to my different destination points from different locations,,DameWare Remote Support, Radmin Remote AdministratorRemote Desktop Manager - it's great !We use Remote Desktop Manager as a business critical application by storing the password for more than 1000 corporate clients. It is used by our internal call center and project staff to connect to the different client sites and IT infrastrucutre. The reason why we use it is to keep the client password secret for our staff and protect the business if we have to replace or fire one of our techs without them knowing the actual password.,Prevents passwords from being leaked through the organisation Centralises password information in a secure database Manage our clients in one tool,Eventually could be used by users instead of IT staff Slow to load database when you have a lot of files or documentation,10,Secures our client using our services Prevents leak of passwords,LastPass,SolarWinds N-central, TeamViewer, AutotaskCool ToolWe are using it for our PAM solution as well as other teams are using a central database for a group of servers. It gives a better way to user our PAM solution for RDP purposes.,The ability to connect with our PAM tool.,Not sure just started using the tool about 3 months ago.,10It simplifies everything.I typically say this to people… “Imagine a world where all of the things your users do can be managed in one place and call that island devolution.” Instead of these users trying to figure out what they’re doing next and having a messy blob of sessions open, everything is organized, embedded, and fast. Lawyers are demanding (and insanely expensive) so the faster production moves, the better off everyone is. I feel like RDM was a critical part of our company’s story… from start-up to the acquisition by Xerox which later split off BPO divisions into Conduent. The ability to keep people focused on the end zone kept my sanity in check and our success driven.,Batch edit – I have far too many sessions that require user specific modifications Users, Groups, Roles – Critical when fine tuning user experience/destructiveness Macro/Scripts/Tools – Just plain handy and usable… continuous ping for all of those reboots. Love it.,Ingest of endpoints/sessions - Could be easier. Memory requirements... not sure there's anything they can do about that since it's not really reinventing the sessions.,10,It's cheap... like too cheap to worry about. It reclaims a ton of hours otherwise spent fumbling around with different sessions.,,Microsoft SQL Server, CommVault, Solarwinds Remote Monitoring & Management, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect), VMware ESXi, VMware vCenter ServerBest RDM to manage all your remote needs.I am using it in conjunction with VPN to manage customer servers. It is used by at least three other consultants. It addresses the need to organize multiple customers and their servers and keep organized about it along with keeping credentials in one place.,Store information on multiple customers Keep RDP sessions organized Allow multiple sessions in tabs,Better password management for multiple SSH hosts. MySQL support,10,We are using the free version so ROI is instant. If we were to purchase it though, I would estimate ROI to be very quick as it allows me to jump on a server very quickly in response to customer needs,,ManageEngine Desktop Central, ManageEngine OpManager, TeamViewer
Windows, Mac
Remote Desktop Manager

RDM Reviews

RDM
Filter 64 vetted RDM reviews and ratings
Francois Fournier profile photo
June 07, 2018

RDM Review: "RDN should be called Connection Magician because it has so many magic tricks"

• Creates dynamic connections that don't require me to remember all my passwords
  • Creates dynamic connections that don't require to check if I'm local or remote. RDM does it for me
  • Support multiple types of connections and information repository.
  • Honestly, for my usage, I have not found any missing features. It works great and does what it needs to for me.
My best scenario is going from work to home and not having to worry about being local or needing to remote in. RDM does the checking for me. Plus with my data source on OneDrive, I don't even have to worry about an out of sync password on my different workstations. They are always all in sync even when working at different sites and for different companies.
Read Francois Fournier's full review
Simon David Williams profile photo
May 28, 2018

User Review: "Remote Desktop Manager - it's great !"

• Prevents passwords from being leaked through the organisation
  • Centralises password information in a secure database
  • Manage our clients in one tool
  • Eventually could be used by users instead of IT staff
  • Slow to load database when you have a lot of files or documentation
Good for IT Businesses managing different IT infrastructure.
Read Simon David Williams's full review
Andrea Denette profile photo
September 07, 2018

RDM Review: "Cool Tool"

• The ability to connect with our PAM tool.
  • Not sure just started using the tool about 3 months ago.
It is a great tool for our PAM solution.
Read Andrea Denette's full review
June 19, 2018

RDM Review: "It simplifies everything."

• Batch edit – I have far too many sessions that require user specific modifications
  • Users, Groups, Roles – Critical when fine tuning user experience/destructiveness
  • Macro/Scripts/Tools – Just plain handy and usable… continuous ping for all of those reboots.
  • Love it.
  • Ingest of endpoints/sessions - Could be easier.
  • Memory requirements... not sure there's anything they can do about that since it's not really reinventing the sessions.
Session Management – With around 2000 entries, I guess this goes without saying. I remember a time
when there were a growing number of sessions to manage and the software available was pretty
difficult to use and lacked the functionality that I needed.

User Experience/Hatemail – The interesting thing about this business is that many of the users also need
roughly the same session management tools to do production work. They focus on the applications at
the endpoint whereas I focus on the endpoint. This means that they don’t have time/energy to figure
out the sessions and if things aren’t easy for them… well… work slows and they get frustrated… at me.

Security – Due to the above, I needed to be able to figure out where/what the users were doing as well
as what they were exposed to and able to access.
Charles Eichelberger profile photo
February 09, 2018

Review: "Best RDM to manage all your remote needs."

• Store information on multiple customers
  • Keep RDP sessions organized
  • Allow multiple sessions in tabs
  • Better password management for multiple SSH hosts.
  • MySQL support
I think it is great for managing multiple desktops internally as well as externally. It is especially great for external management as you can specify to log onto a VPN before connecting to the target. If you are a small shop with just a few computers, this may not be for you.
Read Charles Eichelberger's full review
Aleese Gulick profile photo
January 31, 2018

User Review: "RDM the LIFESAVER!!"

Our whole department uses Remote Desktop Manager (RDM). The issues that it solves is being able to access our department servers across the campus. Since our information is sensitive having the ability to log in via RDM has shown to be very helpful at letting us present information to our customers as well as keep our information about how we run business secure.
  • Provides a secure network connection to your base computer, as well as allows for mobility.
  • Company provides great customer support and troubleshooting if needed.
  • Allows your in-house IT department to troubleshoot computers remotely, which is especially helpful in large meetings when you are having technical difficulties.
  • I have also noticed a smooth file transfer process.
  • Sometimes the connection has trouble or freezes on you and you have to start over.
  • A little more onscreen "help" would be nice for the employees that need a little extra guidance.
  • It would also be cool if the computer you are trying to access did not have to be on when you are accessing it.

RDM has saved me in meetings where I did not have the information that was needed on me due to unexpected questions. But I was able to quickly log in to my office computer and pull up the information that the customer was requesting.

Instances, where I do not think it is highly needed, is a small office environment where you do not travel, have off-site meetings, or do a lot of work from home.

Read Aleese Gulick's full review
Mauricio Diaz profile photo
January 30, 2018

"NetAdmin's Remote Desktop Manager Review"

My employer collaborates with over 100 companies across the province, we manage almost all our clients with RDM.
  • Remote connection to servers
  • Software license key management
  • Implementing a "favorites" tab or group
  • Allowing you to send a message to the person already connected to a device
  • Auto-disconnect from a session
Remote Desktop Manager is well suited when managing multiple clients and complex infrastructures. It is an excellent solution to keep all of this information stored and protected in one place and not having to move between different solutions to perform your work. It gives us efficiency, which clients appreciate at the end.
Read Mauricio Diaz's full review
Edwin Eekelaers profile photo
January 29, 2018

Review: "RDM the best Remote suite i have used till now..."

In my current role, we are not using Remote Desktop Manager but I sure wish we would. I have used RDM for awhile in the non-profit where I volunteer for IT duty. There are so many different functions and features in it that I can't understand why we aren't considering it at my current place of employment. Coming from things like VNC and others we use and have used I can only say that you should really try out RDM for yourself. No matter how many words are written that may or may not convince you to try it you should ignore those and try it out yourself. That's the only way you can truly discover the benefits from RDM. Be sure even after using it for a while you will still be discovering new and intriguing features.
  • I like the management console because you get to use the different features from one and the same place
  • Security and user management as these days good security is vital.
  • The log feature is nice as it allows you an easy overview of what was done with Remote Desktop Manager
  • Powershell cmndlet scripting as i'm a powershell geek.
  • Can't immediately think of a feature that hasn't been discussed in the Devolutions community. Suggest you head over there to check it out.
Well RDM is the sleekest looking best performing remote tool I have worked with or messed with. Nearly no lag from the remote connection. Once you dig through its security settings I'm sure you can find a configuration that will suit your needs.
Read Edwin Eekelaers's full review
Benjamin Beckwith profile photo
January 22, 2018

User Review: "Devolutions RDM - My Take on it"

I use it personally to help support 25 in-house Servers and 12 cloud servers. It allows me to access all the servers (and some desktop machines) in one simple application. As I use multiple different computers, the online cloud database that Devolution offers is fantastic as I can load that one a new machine, and I have all my same access and layout right there. The options and features that the application offers is next to fantastic haven't found anything I am unable to access
  • It allows me to access all the servers (and some desktop machines) in one simple application.
  • As I use multiple different computers, the online cloud database that Devolution offers is fantastic as I can load that one a new machine, and I have all my same access and layout right there.
  • The options and features that the application offers is next to fantastic haven't found anything I am unable to access
  • Nothing that I have come across as of yet.
For an MSP that remotely connects in, it will have its issues. You can only connect to the public servers unless your machine has a VPN connection to all clients.
Read Benjamin Beckwith's full review
Thomas Higgins profile photo
December 12, 2017

Review: "RDM - Remote Desktop Madness: Harnessed"

I am using the full version as a personally paid version due to the significant value it provided me. I have influenced others to use the free version and make the decision for themselves, however the company has not purchased it for anyone.
  • Connects to MANY different connection types such as FTP, SSH, and RDP (to name the ones I personally used). Also interfaces with many other solutions/application to extend that connectivity to a variety of other applications such as SQL Server Management Studio, WinSCP, etc. Even tools that duplicate RDM, such as Putty, so you don't have to rebuild from scratch.
  • Maintains credentials from a variety of secured sources, both local and remote. Can link to multiple back-end credential managers as well, including KeePass, Secret Server, etc. Also offers their own RDM Server that backends RDM with Enterprise Level Credential Management, if another option is not already being used (or even if it is, actually - it supports multiple connections).
  • Can chain connections to make a single process for connecting to a specific resource. The most common example is VPN connection required before connecting to a remote server.
  • Supports many 2FA/MFA solutions including Google and Duo (the two I use currently) Others are supported but need to be looked up (don't have the list readily available).
  • 2FA solutions - Need more of the enterprise options. In particular, RSA's solution is NOT supported but used by so many as to be something that should really be added if at all possible.
  • Connection Setups - The online manual is very large due to the number of options available making it difficult to figure out what is needed to complete a connection setup. Perhaps a wizard or something to simplify setup for the most common setups would be helpful.
It is most well suited to the IT operations person managing many connections - particularly in a heterogeneous environment. In more streamlined environments, RDM may well be overkill, though the cost is low enough that it shouldn't be burdensome regardless. For smaller or less unique environments, a free version of RDM is available as well. It supports almost everything the full version does but isn't as easy to use in specific situations. For example, when having hundreds of servers, batch password change is a godsend - however, that is only a full version feature. Nothing stops you from changing them individually or scripting it via Powershell, for example, but the cost vs. time savings with this feature alone makes it worth it. (Some other enterprise specific activities are also not available).
Read Thomas Higgins's full review
Marc-Olivier Turgeon-Ferland profile photo
December 11, 2017

RDM Review: "Best RDP Manager!!"

It allows our team to share RDP config and password and prevent us from duplicating that information all on our side. It also allows us to be a lot more effective with password changes because of inherited password on folders.
  • Organize your RDP sessions
  • Enter your password once and apply it via inheritance on multiple RDP sessions (either shared or personal passwords)
  • Share RDP sessions with colleagues (stop duplicating configuration)
  • UI is hard to customize
  • So many features that are spread everywhere - makes it difficult to leverage most of them
  • A lot of UI elements seem out of place and are not really user-friendly
It is well suited if you need to share multiple RDP sessions or if you need to use the same credentials on multiple RDP sessions.

It is lesss suited if you have few server admins, few RDP sessions or multiple RDP sessions using all the same set of credentials.
Read Marc-Olivier Turgeon-Ferland's full review
Frank McCourry profile photo
November 22, 2017

User Review: "RDM - My Toolbox!"

We use RDM for the management of our own and certain customer systems. We began using it as a central tool repository, which allowed us to consolidate connections, sessions and information about these systems in a single location. It has since evolved into a management system where we log activity, document and perform maintenance on all of our own and customer systems. It has been a real time saver, allowing us to focus on more critical tasks and preventing redundant work.
  • Documentation and logging of systems activity.
  • Allow multiple sessions/connections an many different platforms. SSH, FTP, TeamViewer, RDP, VNC just to mention a few. You can even combine sessions with VPN's for secure activity.
  • Controlling user access to systems.
  • I would like to see a consolidated dashboard/report/logs on all system activity.
  • Real Time data collection on systems for CPU Memory and Hard Drive usage.
  • Mobile Password Management.
Well suited for managing more than a couple of servers/workstations where multiple admins are needed. It is great for creating shared resources and allowing team members limited or full access. Highly recommended for logging and documentation of your networks. Ability to use power-shell scripting is a huge plus!

Falls short on real-time reporting of resources. Albeit this can be manually updated, automation is the key.
Read Frank McCourry's full review
Robin Morris profile photo
February 27, 2018

RDM Review: "Does a great job"

To my knowledge, it is being used primarily in the IT department within various roles. It addresses a need to centralize my credentials with the many servers I manage. It greatly streamlines the management and storage of machine names and credentials. When you manage several hundred to thousands of servers, this is a huge advantage.
  • Centralized repository
  • Ability for a single database for changes to machines
  • The process of linking an external credential repository could be easier
Well suited for large-scale management of server environments, especially when you need to change them frequently. I am not sure of a scenario where it is less appropriate.
Read Robin Morris's full review
Carlos Daniel Casañas Bertolo ஃ profile photo
January 29, 2018

RDM Review: "The best for IT crews!!!"

To administrate all the technology assets of our internal and external clients. It simplifies the access and management of an heterogeneous equipment, with great credentials administration and security options for any level of technical users. The mobile app is a really helping tool to solve minimal problems on the go, without the need to sit in your workstation.
  • Focus on teamwork, centralized storage for access and configs
  • Security at all levels, you can grant a user with the access to an asset without sharing the password
  • Conector specific for vcenter
IT, DevOps, Infra
Read Carlos Daniel Casañas Bertolo ஃ's full review
Andrey Perepelitsyn profile photo
December 11, 2017

User Review: "My RDM experience"

It is not used by my organization, It is used by me personally. It speeds up my daily work, helping me to manage a lot of remote desktop connections with different sets of credentials.
  • RDM natively integrates with KeePass which I am using for storing my passwords. So then I have to only manage credential records there.
  • RDM helps to work with different RDP connection with different sets of credentials
  • RDM could be less complex in navigation
I`m working in an IT outsource company and have to set up connections with different customers, Remote Desktop Manager helps me to make it faster and separate customers from each other to avoid mistakes
Read Andrey Perepelitsyn's full review
Sam Majam profile photo
November 30, 2017

"Remote Desktop Manager Review"

I use RDM personally and it allows me to keep track of various systems I need to access. It also helps me organize the systems in a logical manner. It is also nice to have a central location to access all these systems even though they may have different connection methods.
  • provide a central location to access systems and organize them in a logical manner.
  • provides the ability to access different types of systems via numerous connection methods
  • provides a secure platform
  • I am currently using the free RDM; it would be nice to allow 1 credential that can be stored
It is well suited for administrators that need a centralized location to access numerous and disparate systems.
Read Sam Majam's full review
Jordan Coulam profile photo
November 21, 2017

RDM: "Quick review by daily user"

We use Remote Desktop Manger as our connection manager to all the servers we support. Having everything in one place helps a lot in support speed.
It holds our RDP, VPN, SSH Tunnel and EXSI connections, including passwords for each as well, meaning everything is just a click away.
  • Organizing connections into folders makes using RDM a breeze, added benefits like inherited credentials really help.
  • RDM can connect a VPN or SSH Tunnel before trying to connect to the RDP,SSH (and more) connection, either connecting VPN immediately or based on ping check.
  • RDM also has a really large collection of end points, the one I find most surprising is Web browser with auto login. You can add things like Routers to your RDM list and have RDM auto fill the username and password. Makes life easier.
  • I feel like the start up time could be improved.
  • You can search in the Navigation pane but there is no search box so it's a little hard to realize.
For a support desk where technicians support a large/medium number of end points, having a tool like this will increase the resolution speed of tickets. Users will no longer need to remember things like:
"Username\Passwords"
"Does this connection Require VPN?"
"What's IP?"
"What remote connection technology is in place?"
Everything is handled in a simple UI.

Read Jordan Coulam's full review
January 12, 2018

Review: "Give it a try in Remote Desktop Manager!"

Remote Desktop Manager is being used by some departments of the organization. The main problem was how to manage 600+ servers, SSH and RDP servers, and remember all the hostname, IP address and still have some details available only to some users. This was solved using this tool. Users were split into groups, active directory connected, and have access only to the servers and credentials (passwords, URLs, and other stuff), that they have access. All recorded in a database (or an encoded file, if needed). Despite this, automation with scripts or commands during login sessions, and ways to link credentials to entries make it even better to manage. You may have credentials locally, in the database or other external tools, all being managed by RDM.You also may have sub connections, for example, having the webpage to access an iDrac or another page, or a Hyper-V Manager, VMWare, and LOTS of other tools.
  • Centralize management of RDP, SSH, VNC and other protocols
  • Keep credentials and connection entries secured
  • Automate everything inside the tool.
  • Integrate with external tools
  • Slow sometimes to load connections
  • PuTTY integration has a 1-second delay
If you have lots of servers to manage, lots of credentials, different protocols, documents, other files, and need a single tool to manage it, this is the tool. Active Directory integrated, user and groups permissions, audit everything, keep data in encrypted files or in a database, customize everything, even the installer,
January 16, 2018

User Review: "Remote Desktop Manager by Devolutions"

We manage multiple servers so this app is crucial from a GDPR perspective. It keeps passwords secure and hidden from tech but still allows them to carry out the work required. Been using the product for the past few weeks. I've come across this product multiple times but stuck with Remote Desktop Manager from Microsoft [until recently].
  • Security
  • Ease of use
  • FTP database connections as it currently keeps disconnecting
[Remote Desktop Manager is well suited for] Connecting to multiple servers all within one application rather than having multiple rdp windows open.
Ben Liebowitz profile photo
November 16, 2017

Review: "How Remote Desktop Manager makes my day easier!"

I use Remote Desktop Manager on a daily basis. I use it to RDP to the servers I support; I use it to open SSH sessions to VMware hosts. I use it to launch the VMware VI Client; I use it to launch multiple websites I use regularly. I do all of these things with embedded passwords so I only have to enter my password into the credential repository once and from then on it can be used for multiple entries. Using this tool saves me from having to install multiple other tools on my PC to manage and support my environment. I'm able to quickly search for entries, use the password generator to great passwords for service accounts (choosing length, characters to include, etc), and I find the Keep Tab On Disconnect feature to be a very helpful one. As someone who works in IT and has to reboot servers on a regular basis to fix issues, upgrade, etc. This feature is great and keeps me from having to keep trying to reconnect, etc.
I don't know what I'd do without this tool! It's invaluable!
  • Manages all your entries in an organized fashion.
  • Keeps all your credentials in one place for easy management.
  • Has multiple add-ons and integrated tools to accomplish many different tasks.
  • There are so many different features it can be overwhelming. There are many I don't use.
  • It's not a complaint that I have but I've had coworkers complain, "oh, look RDM is prompting for another upgrade." To me, having to install an update once a month or so isn't a bad thing. They're fixing bugs, and introducing new features.
  • Sometimes, finding where to change a specific setting can be rough, with the properties for an entry having multiple sections, sometimes you have to make the change globally from the main settings section, etc.
Having worked in IT for many years, I've found this tool to be invaluable. I've tried some of the other tools to manage RDP sessions, but RDM manages way more than just RDP sessions! As for where it doesn't fit, if you have a small company, or you have an environment that is constantly changing (like you are a consultant constantly moving from client to client, never going back) then this may not be the tool for you.
Read Ben Liebowitz's full review
Cary Wagner profile photo
November 16, 2017

User Review: "RDM - Nothing Compares"

I have been using Remote Desktop Manager (RDM) by Devolutions for many years now. It is literally one of the first tools I load on to new laptops. Once you start using it, you will wonder how you ever got by without it. The functionality and capability of the product are way beyond its name. RDM is the Swiss Army Knife of utilities when it comes to connecting to almost anything.
  • Allows me to have almost any type of connection capable in one place
  • Control over the remote experience is amazing
  • There are so many features it is hard to even begin to put my favorites list together
  • Yes, it is that good!
  • I have zero complaints.
If you have to manage more than a few hosts, RDM is invaluable and worth every cent.
Read Cary Wagner's full review
Darrell Pargmann profile photo
November 03, 2017

RDM Review: "Remote Desktop Manger Show All"

Remote Desktop Manager is extremely useful in my day to day work and it is so much more than a tool for RDP. IT on different customer sites with different credentials and remote access types, like RDP, Citrix, SSH-Clients, Websites, etc. Remote Desktop Manager helps me to have quick access to the customer environment.
  • Organizes your Remote Desktop connections
  • Quick search lookup
  • Ability to use tabs to move to different sessions.
  • The ability to have custom themes.
  • Have a realtime connections status. Dropped packets or delays.
  • The ability to to customize the interface so it appears as a local tool.
Environments where there are a large number of systems and the need for security of login accounts are high.
Read Darrell Pargmann's full review
Chris Thibeau profile photo
November 16, 2017

User Review: "Remote Desktop Manager"

I use remote desktop manager personally. The option to save and organize connections not only for just RDP protocol is great. It allows me to connect remotely without having to be physically on site. The password vault is great, many connections share the same credentials, so instead of updating each connection, I just update the credentials in the vault once.
  • Organize connections in folders / sub folders
  • Tabbed interface
  • Sometimes slow to connect
  • So many features can be hard to find right option
Well suited for staff who have a large number of devices they support and need remote access to.
Read Chris Thibeau's full review
Travis Ellis profile photo
March 16, 2017

RDM Review: "The tool no IT Manager should do without."

I use Remote Desktop Manager on a daily basis to access my users' computers and my servers. It is the single most useful tool I have. They are constantly adding improvements and making it better. In a past job, it helped me manage QA servers and then it helped me build and maintain hundreds of SAAS servers. They have a really active community around the product and a great support team.
  • Makes managing multiple machines a snap. Once you set them up you can access any machine with the click of a button if you like.
  • I love being able to export all my settings so that I can use the product easily on multiple machines, although with the could option that isn't necessary because everything is saved in the cloud.
  • Great community. They have a website that is called Devolutions Force that has helpful information and fun stuff as well.
  • I honestly can't think of what I would improve with this product.
If you are in a situation where you need to access multiple computers or devices, you can't beat this product. I'm currently using it for multiple Windows server and desktops, as well as, a Linux PBX system. It also gives you the ability to quickly see things like a port scan, event viewer, Netstat, etc.
Read Travis Ellis's full review
March 15, 2017

Review: "Remote Desktop Manager for Your Business"

Remote Desktop Manager is being used by our IT support staff to take a look at any technical issues other employees are having on their desktops, laptops, nettled scales, and servers without having to physically be there. It addresses software issues for us.
  • It disconnects the end user from the device so they are not still trying to use it while I'm troubleshooting.
  • It asks the end user to approve the connection so confidential information is not seen and it doesn't happen at an inconvenient time for them.
  • I can duplicate any issue the end user may have been experiencing in order to figure out how to resolve it.
  • It creates a new login session when I connect so if I wanted to see what the end user was doing, it won't be there.
  • It can be slightly slow to connect.
  • I wish I could connect to multiple devices at the same time.
RDM is well suited if you just need to install a program/software or need to clear the cache and run an update when the end user is unable to. It's less appropriate if I need to see exactly what is on someone's screen right at that moment.

Screen sharing (14)
File transfer (16)
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication (8)
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers (5)
Over-the-Internet remote session (24)
Initiate remote control from mobile (15)
Remote management of servers & workstations (27)
Remote Active Directory® management (11)
Centralized management dashboard (21)
Session record (7)
Annotations (16)
Monitoring and Alerts (7)
6.0
Multi-platform remote control (22)

About RDM

Remote Desktop Manager lets you centralize all your remote connections, passwords and credentials into a unique platform that people love to work with. Drive security, speed and productivity through your organization while reducing risks for your IT department. Join over 300,000 users in more than 130 countries who enjoy Remote Desktop Manager.