Vocus is a Solid Option for PR Professionalshttps://www.trustradius.com/public-relations-prCision Communications CloudUnspecified7.6951012018-08-31T16:07:00.914Z
August 31, 2018
Vocus is a Solid Option for PR Professionals
Score 7 out of 101
Vocus PR Suite
Overall Satisfaction with Vocus PR Suite
The Vocus PR Suite is used by my department, which is a public relations team of myself and my boss. We also occasionally allow contractors/PR agencies we work with to use it temporarily for specific projects. We use the software for two primary purposes. First, we use Vocus to research news media outlets and contacts and organize them in to media lists. Second, we use Vocus's distribution feature to send a company news release or announcement to the members of a particular media list.
- The Vocus PR Suite has an extensive media outlet database so it allows public relations and communications professionals to find the right media outlets and contacts for any media market in the United States and for just about any specialty or trade news media.
- The Vocus PR Suite is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and find what you need, plus offers a lot of options for how to organize your contacts and media lists.
- The customer support team at Vocus is always very helpful and gets back to you quickly when you need assistance. Vocus also offers online/teleconference training classes plus a great help section within the portal that contains articles and "how to" videos.
- Vocus could do a better job of keeping all media contacts in its database up to date. It is difficult because in today's media landscape, turnover is high BUT having the right names and contact information is critical for the public relations and communications professionals who use the software.
- Vocus could start offering lower cost package options for smaller companies or agencies. Right now, the cost of subscriptions is at a level that smaller organizations likely can't afford it but don't necessary need all the features that larger, enterprise companies will utilize and are willing and able to pay for.
- It saves time by allowing us to quickly and easily search for the right media contacts and outlets to share news and information with, and it also saves times by allowing me to send those emails in mass through the system, rather than typing one out in an individual email for each person or outlet.
- It allows us to be knowledgeable and savvy about the ever-changing media landscape
The Vocus PR Suite is well suited for public relations and communications professionals looking to research media outlets and contacts to target with news releases or company announcements, then be able to quickly send them out via a distribution through Vocus (versus having to spend a lot more time sending individual emails to each person.) It's not as well-suited if a PR or communications professional always needs to share their news and announcements with a small, specific group of media contacts - in which case, it would be much more cost effective to maintain their own media list via an internal document and then send announcements out individually by email.