Overall Satisfaction with Cision Communications Cloud
Cision Communications Cloud (formerly Vocus PR Suite) is used by my department, which is a public relations team of myself and my boss. We also occasionally allow contractors/PR agencies we work with to use it temporarily for specific projects. We use the software for two primary purposes. First, we use Cision to research news media outlets and contacts and organize them in to media lists. Second, we use Cision's distribution feature to send a company news release or announcement to the members of a particular media list.
- Cision Communications Cloud has an extensive media outlet database so it allows public relations and communications professionals to find the right media outlets and contacts for any media market in the United States and for just about any specialty or trade news media.
- Cision Communications Cloud is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and find what you need, plus offers a lot of options for how to organize your contacts and media lists.
- The customer support team at Cision is always very helpful and gets back to you quickly when you need assistance. Cision also offers online/teleconference training classes plus a great help section within the portal that contains articles and "how to" videos.
- Cision could do a better job of keeping all media contacts in its database up to date. It is difficult because in today's media landscape, turnover is high BUT having the right names and contact information is critical for the public relations and communications professionals who use the software.
- Cision could start offering lower cost package options for smaller companies or agencies. Right now, the cost of subscriptions is at a level that smaller organizations likely can't afford it but don't necessary need all the features that larger, enterprise companies will utilize and are willing and able to pay for.
- It saves time by allowing us to quickly and easily search for the right media contacts and outlets to share news and information with, and it also saves times by allowing me to send those emails in mass through the system, rather than typing one out in an individual email for each person or outlet.
- It allows us to be knowledgeable and savvy about the ever-changing media landscape
Cision Communications Cloud (formerly the Vocus PR Suite) is well suited for public relations and communications professionals looking to research media outlets and contacts to target with news releases or company announcements, then be able to quickly send them out via a distribution throughCision (versus having to spend a lot more time sending individual emails to each person.) It's not as well-suited if a PR or communications professional always needs to share their news and announcements with a small, specific group of media contacts - in which case, it would be much more cost effective to maintain their own media list via an internal document and then send announcements out individually by email.
Cision Communications Cloud Training
The online training sessions available for the Cision Communications Cloud are helpful and informative. There's more than one option - initially, I signed up for the live webinar classes on basic functions and that is what I recommend other new users do as well. If I have specific questions or something I want to learn more about, I can search the online database and find article or online training videos to get the information I need.
Cision Communications Cloud Support
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
No - As far as I know, premium support is not an option for the Cision Communications Cloud. Under our current contract and pricing structure, I have an assigned account executive who is proactive and reaches out to me about upgrades and company news. I also have 24/7 access to their help team via chat, email or phone.