VWO is a great tool that empowers marketers to create and measure A/B tests without a huge reliance on IT and technology support!https://www.trustradius.com/ab-testingVWOUnspecified7.71731012019-05-21T18:42:50.108Z
May 21, 2019
VWO is a great tool that empowers marketers to create and measure A/B tests without a huge reliance on IT and technology support!
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with VWO
Our marketing team uses VWO as our primary A/B testing tool. We are able to use VWO to make changes to copy and imagery and measure the success of conversions for those tests. VWO solves a major problem for us -- which is that we no longer have to rely on IT and deployments in order to do some basic to moderate A/B testing on our websites.
- VWO is pretty easy to implement on websites and doesn't require a heavy technology lift
- The VWO interface is pretty intuitive and let's non-technical users make variants for testing
- The VWO reporting dashboard is excellent for determining statistical significance and understanding whether differences in conversion rates are meaningful or not
- VWO can be difficult to implement more advanced A/B tests (such as modifying page layouts or forms)
- VWO can cause a slight slowdown and flicker of the website for users, though it is often not noticeable to the untrained eye
- The statistical engine sometimes declares a winner too soon and if you were to check back a week or two later, it may have changed its decision as to the winning variant
- We were able to increase clicks-throughs to our application by 25% by running A/B tests on our home page creative
- We were able to increase conversion rates on our form submissions by 10% by modifying language on multiple pages of our application
- Negatively, our team had to spend a lot of time to do more advanced tests and those tests never worked correctly so we lost out on those hours which could have been dedicated to something more productive (in hindsight).
We have benefited from the capabilities mentioned and been able to increase click through rates and conversion rates on our websites. The key for us to getting benefit from VWO is having more simple and more easily implemented tests instead of trying to use VWO to replace the need for development. Simple/Moderate tests are great. Advanced tests may require a different tool or approach.
Our marketing team has benefited from the segmentation functionality in VWO by allowing us to target mobile users and desktop users with different tests (instead of just relying on responsive web design). We have also been able to target only users coming from a specific campaign by using standard source, medium, and campaign parameters which are used by other analytics platforms.
The VWO WYSIWYG editor is a great tool for making copy and image modifications throughout your website tests. Our marketing team has used this and they are not advanced HTML and CSS users, so the WYSIWYG editor has been instrumental in being able to get our A/B tests up and running quickly.
Our marketing team does a lot of creative testing around messaging and imagery. VWO is well suited for this type of testing and can yield great results if you define your conversion goals correctly. However, when we have tried to do more substantial/advanced changes through VWO (such as re-positioning content or modifying elements in a form), we have had some challenges and not been able to get the desired tests working correctly.