Overall Satisfaction with WatchGuard Network Security
Currently, we utilize WatchGuard Network Security as the key component for both of our offices. We also resell and recommend WatchGuard to our clients and support approximately 50-60 deployed scenarios as the solution for network protection and security, through hardware and the integrated security such as DPI, AV, Webblocking and so much more.
- URL Filtering: Extremely effective for blocking of questionable content and protecting from phishing sites.
- Antivirus: Our clients have seen far fewer active threats when a WatchGuard Network Security Device is in place.
- Data Loss Prevention: A valuable tool for our clients who require more security when it comes to metadata and personal data leaving the network.
- It would be great to have a migration tool to HELP between competitor products to attempt to migrate a configuration so that time and client money is saved when moving into a WatchGuard Network Security deployment.
- Remote deployment is inconsistent i.e. setting a configuration ahead of time for the device to implement when it powers on and dials home. Would like to see this developed more and with more capability for complexity.
- WatchGuard Network Security has had a significant ROI for our business strategy as a whole. The products are reliable and solid which leads to less compromised clients leaving us more time to work on future growth with those clients rather than constantly being reactive.
- Using WatchGuard Network Security as our primary option for clients means a greater knowledge and comfort level of the product for my staff and less time spent cross-training with different vendors, meaning my staff stays far more productive overall.
WatchGuard Network Security usability isn't perfect, but we feel that they are a significant competitor in the network security world. They are constantly improving on their shortcomings and have proven time and time again that they are the vendor for our organization and our clients. Their interface has improved greatly, as well as their ability to log, track and monitor network events.
Simplified licensing has made a complete business case for WatchGuard Network Security products for us. We utilize this strategically in our discussion with clients as to their motivation to transition from their existing solutions and have been very successful helping them realize the business and financial case for themselves.
We have utilized Watchguard Dimension On-Premises for logging and monitoring and Server Manager for remote management and tracking of all of our client firewalls. These additional management tools add value beyond words when managing multiple security devices. We have also use the WatchGuard Wireless Access Points and appreciate their integration with the suite of tools.
I have and will continue to recommend WatchGuard Network Security to clients large and small. Our business has had no opportunity to say, " You're too small or simple to not benefit from this level of security." WatchGuard has a solution we can confidently offer to even our smallest client with confidence and know we can convey the peace of mind having a WatchGuard Network Security appliance.