Overall Satisfaction with Widen
Widen is our central repository of client creative assets. Our clients, primarily in the CPG industry, have large product portfolios that frequently update packaging and design elements. It is essential that our global creative services team of around 200 designers can access the most current and correct assets for use in their work. Widen helps our team stay aligned and makes it easy to manage our asset library from one universally accessible location. The Adobe Connector is our favorite feature! Designers can drag & drop to link assets directly into InDesign layouts without the need to download and store anything locally.
- Customer service. Widen builds collaborative relationships with its customers from the start. They regularly engage with our core implementation team through quarterly check-in meetings, and the service we receive always feels very personalized.
- Product development. Widen is fully transparent with its product roadmaps and feature development. Customers are given many opportunities to share product feedback and upvote new features.
- Implementation and training. We had a wonderful experience getting Widen up and running for our team. The training is lengthy but was broken down into manageable units, and the resources available online through Widen University are exceptional.
- Adobe Connector—While the tool is functional for most of our team members, it is not compatible with all of the Adobe CC apps or any apps outside of the Adobe portfolio.
- Metadata/tagging UX—The back-end metadata interface can be a bit confusing, particularly when it comes to contingent tags. It's also difficult to clean up/remove metadata fields that are no longer needed or were added in error.
- More compliant usage of client assets (i.e. fewer outdated assets mistakenly used)
- More efficient design process due to ease of asset search
- Business partnership between BrandMuscle and Widen
We will likely shift more of our local file storage to Widen for cloud storage & access. We are always open to implementing more features as our needs evolve.
Friendly, informative, and supportive.
Although we do house some of our internal assets on the Widen DAM, publishing brand-approved content across sales and marketing channels is not our primary use case. We use the Widen DAM as a repository for our design team to access client creative assets that are required to execute custom design projects.
We selected Widen because of the Adobe Connector, and the pricing structure was the most appropriate for our large quantity of users requiring the Connector tool.
Do you think Widen delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Widen's feature set?
Did Widen live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Widen go as expected?
Would you buy Widen again?
Widen's DAM was the right choice for our creative team primarily because of the Adobe Connector and its drag & drop cloud linking functionality. We reviewed a number of products and found Widen to have the best understanding and solution for our use case.