Beginner's Guide to WordPress
December 11, 2018

Beginner's Guide to WordPress

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with WordPress

WordPress is being used to manage the State College of Florida Foundation website. The Foundation started using WordPress about 3 years ago when a new website was developed. The website allows the Foundation to provide constant communication to potential students and donors.
  • From a user perspective, WordPress is pretty user friendly and intuitive. I had no website experience before using WordPress and was able to quickly teach myself how to use WordPress.
  • I am impressed with the amount of customization WordPress provides and the options you have to make your website unique.
  • My organization pays for WP Live support and I find them to be extremely courteous and helpful.
  • The main issue I have run into is the theme my organization chose is no longer being updated, so it has decreased the functionality of the website in general. Being new to website management, I had no idea this was a possibility, so conveying that more clearly would have been helpful for me.
  • At times, there is a significant delay between when I make changes on the back end and when those changes take effect on the front end of the site, so reducing that lag time would be great.
  • Being able to reach more donors has provided a positive ROI for my organization.
  • The only recurring negative I have experienced is the site being extremely slow to load from time to time. Both WordPress and BlueHost blame each other when this happens and I have found it difficult to fix the issue in a timely manner.
WordPress is the only website management tool I have used.
Content Author / Administrator
I think WordPress is well suited for organizations who update their website frequently. I have found it easy to make changes and they typically do not take much time to process. I also think it is a good option for someone who has limited website management experience since the interface is so user friendly.

WordPress Feature Ratings