WordPress Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

James Hicks profile photo
October 12, 2019

WordPress For The Win!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WordPress is our CMS (content management system) of choice for all our blog content properties. Administration is extremely easy since WordPress is operated as a SaaS and does not needed to be loaded on a centralized system.
Read James Hicks's full review
Daniel Morse profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The WordPress platform (we use the stand-alone product) is the absolute perfect way to establish a public-facing presence in the world. We (and I as an individual) use it for our primary website, which is to provide information for our potential customers, but also for blogging smaller updates and celebrations/milestones we reach.
It is my go-to software for websites because it is just so versatile, flexible, reliable, and literally perfect. It always works.
Read Daniel Morse's full review
Richard Peterson profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WordPress is a great tool for quickly building microsites without having to bring in your digital agency for an expensive and long-drawn-out build process. I can organize my wireframes and have a junior assistant hammer it out. Very intuitive for a novice to use and easy for me to go in as a senior manager to make my improvements.
Read Richard Peterson's full review
Mike Toger profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use WordPress for our own website as well as several clients. Using the new BigCommerce App integration we have two clients that are now selling their products on separate websites increasing their web presence. This is a very cost effective way to expand on the web. The amount of Plug-ins for WordPress make customization very easy.
Read Mike Toger's full review
November 07, 2019

A superior blogging tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WordPress is a helpful tool for our marketing and fundraising departments. We use WordPress to show how awesome it is to be a Girl Scout and encourage other girls to join. We write and create posts to show what our organization is doing, what community projects the Girl Scouts have been working on, and the benefits of joining a Girl Scout troop. We are able to create content that matches our brand but is separate from our website, which gives us the freedom to get creative. It helps solve the problem of outreach, as we see a decline in interest as girls get older.
October 17, 2019

WordPress Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wordpress is used to build smaller sites that we need to look good, and be able to create within a timely manner. Wordpress also allows us to create great looking content/websites for our clients, and it's easy to hand over the editing capabilities to them with little training on the CMS.
Martin Aranovitch profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have used WordPress for years to build websites for business clients, and also ran government and local council-sponsored training seminars and workshops teaching businesses how to grow their presence online using WordPress.

After building hundreds of WordPress sites over the years and authoring a series of detailed WordPress training guides for beginners. I have recently turned all of my WordPress knowledge and expertise into a comprehensive Free WordPress training site at WPCompendium.org and developed WPTrainMe - a WordPress tutorials plugin that allows users to get instant access to hundreds of detailed WordPress step-by-step tutorials from their own WordPress dashboards.
Read Martin Aranovitch's full review
Dave Moll profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

When we take on new clients, many times they need a website overhaul. Wordpress is our go to solution for this. I've been developing in Wordpress for a number of years that it's actually more cost effective for our agency to custom build a theme than find an off-the-shelf theme. This way we can address all the custom feature requests for the client. When the website is complete, Worpdress is very user-friendly. It is easy for us to train not only our internal staff on updates, maintenance, new content and upkeep, but also to train the client how to use their brand new website.

Since most of our clients have a Wordpress website, it is very simple for our internal staff to work on multiple client websites. An issue or problem solved on one website, means the same issue is so much quicker to resolve on the remaining client sites. Our internal staff can make changes, updates to forms, add new content, add new calls to action, build new landing pages -- all without hours of training. It's a great resource we can add to our client and account management. This really helps keep our client costs down!

Read Dave Moll's full review
Ben Beck profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our main website is hosted on WordPress, and I've been at several other employers who also used WordPress as their primary CRM. It is used across the company, from customer support, to product development, to sales and to marketing. Marketing owns the WordPress instance and is responsible for maintaining it, ensuring it is kept up to date, etc.
Read Ben Beck's full review
Danish Mirza Baig profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I always wanted to have my own website and I used to think that I have to contact someone who can create a website for me but after some time, I started learning on my own about how to create a website. WordPress helped a lot when I created my first website that was a free website and I learned a lot about it. After learning many things I decided to guide others about it that's when I started freelancing. Now I can offer many services to people when it comes to WordPress.
Read Danish Mirza Baig's full review
Fedor Paretsky profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WordPress is used to host all of our blog posts and pages on a server purely serving these pages. We use it as a combination of a CMS, editor, and designer for all of our articles and pages. It is used mostly by Engineers writing articles or founders writing updates on progress.
Read Fedor Paretsky's full review
Tim Colling profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our firm uses WordPress for all new websites that it builds for clients. It provides a stable, well-known and accepted foundation for all websites that our clients employ. It is so well-accepted as an industry standard for website construction that clients never question the choice and in fact most of the time they expect us to use it.
Read Tim Colling's full review
Lauren Golden profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use WordPress.org to run my website, both through a theme installed on WordPress and by integrating with my use of ClickFunnels using the ClickFunnels plugin for WordPress. The ability to fully customize my online presence is important to me and how I present my brand online. Being a virtual business selling digital products, it's essential to have software I can trust.
Read Lauren Golden's full review
Brandon Mand profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

WordPress is being used to manage the State College of Florida Foundation website. The Foundation started using WordPress about 3 years ago when a new website was developed. The website allows the Foundation to provide constant communication to potential students and donors.
Read Brandon Mand's full review
Floyd Finch profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I initially started using WordPress as a hobbyist, but as my restoration business grew and my blog began to get more popular it became a way to generate revenue through affiliate advertising. It is also essential for advertising the vapor blasting & ultrasonic cleaning services that I offer to motorcycle restoration enthusiasts. The biggest reason for choosing WordPress is the ease of use & customization. Being able to purchase and use different themes for appearances without have to do any coding is a big plus. If you still can't get the exact appearance and features you want from a prefab theme there are literally thousands of resources to guide you in customizing your website. There is a huge community of users and terrific support to help you make the most of it. Most web-hosting companies also offer basic 1-click WordPress installation, making life really easy for the beginner. WordPress is easy for the beginner but can be customized to extreme levels by an advanced user.
Read Floyd Finch's full review
Adam Montgomery profile photo
December 08, 2018

Great for Small Business

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This is used for the main organization's website. It helps us host and update the website on our own without getting IT involved. It also hosts our blog for us. It can help us schedule posts and save drafts so we can work on something together as a team without posting first.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
Jay Cornelius profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Wordpress to manage our internal and external product line. The front end in conjunction with plugins, offer our clients quote request options. The back-end offers sales staff product information not visible on the front-end.
Read Jay Cornelius's full review
Brock Ross profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Wordpress is our primary platform for our online courses (including hundreds of videos, community interactions between teachers and students, a paid membership system, and more), our main site (consisting of blog, live event scheduling, and more), our shop (selling a sizable selection of physical goods), and a handful of other offerings.
Read Brock Ross's full review
Patricia Thomas profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In our company we use WordPress to keep all our customers up to date through our website. As the company deals with tourism then WordPress is extremely ideal for displaying packages and excursions, as well as having contact forms and subscriptions. WordPress saves us a lot of programming time and we focus on design.
Read Patricia Thomas's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It's been used to create websites that requires the users to be able to easily edit and update information on their pages. It is used by the organization as well as the organization supports other clients using the Wordpress platform. Among different open source content management systems available in the internet, Wordpress is highly user-friendly and easy to set up which helps save time in operations and maintenance of the website.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

The corporate website is hosted with WordPress and all users, content and digital marketing efforts rely on WordPress as a framework to support the organization.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use WordPress in my school district to house everything regarding professional development and educational technology. Teachers access our WordPress site, designed more like an elaborate blog, to access: weekly tech tips, a booking calendar to schedule me for trainings or to work with their class, to see highlights of other teachers and what they are doing, to see what apps/programs we subscribe to or pay for in district, and to access lesson plans and ideas that we share. I update this site weekly and push out updates/tips via Gmail that invite my staff and teachers to check the site. This has been a nice way for our teachers to stay informed, learn some tech tips, and share what everyone is doing.

Role-based user permissions (44)
API (34)
Internationalization / multi-language (27)
WYSIWYG editor (42)
Code quality / cleanliness (44)
Admin section (47)
Page templates (45)
Library of website themes (46)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (45)
Publishing workflow (46)
Form generator (42)
Content taxonomy (39)
SEO support (43)
Bulk management (34)
Availability / breadth of extensions (43)
Community / comment management (43)

About WordPress

Wordpress is an open-source publishing platform popular with bloggers and a content management system. The appearance of a Wordpress site and many of its functions are managed through themes, and further customizable through altering code, though altering code is not required; templates and plugins to expand its capabilities are plentiful. Wordpress features integrated link management, and a search-engine friendly permalink structure. WordPress now allows multiple blogs to exist within one installation. Websites may host their own blogging communities, controlling and moderating content from a single dashboard.

Wordpress is popular due to its simplicity and modifiability. Furthermore implementing Wordpress costs only time. Two paid versions exist. The $99 premium plan allows a user an ad free custom domain with 13GB of space and advanced customization. The $299 Business plan allows unlimited space and supports eCommerce as well.