Workday Adaptive Planning – It’s Versatile!
Updated July 26, 2022
Workday Adaptive Planning – It’s Versatile!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Workday Adaptive Planning
We use Workday Adaptive Planning for budget and forecast planning, reporting (utilizing both web and office connect excel reports), and analytics. The system is primarily used by finance now, until we role it out to other departments in our business; which we’ve already begun to do. With Workday Adaptive Planning we are able to compile large amounts of data from the bottoms up but also have the flexibility of modeling at a high level. The system is versatile and can be used for not only financials, but headcount, and performance data as well.
- Creation of Versions.
- Reporting and Dashboarding.
- Model Flexibility.
- Web reports within Dashboard would be great.
- Version to Version referencing within model formulas.
- Calculations within reports that allow you to add data across different versions.
- Streamlined planning process.
- Reduced time in reporting through automation.
- The ability to create versions.
Workday Adaptive Planning is centrally used in FP&A at this time. Therefore it hasn't hit many business processes outside of finance. As it relates to finance, Adaptive has helped improve processes around inputting data and reporting on that data efficiently for both budgets and forecasts. The review process for reporting and forecasting has also greatly improved.
Workday Adaptive Planning is overall very versatile and easy to use. The formula writing and syntax takes some getting used to but if you are intentional about how the system is set up then learning how to read and digest complex formulas can be straightforward. It’s also easy to navigate the system through sheets and assumptions, some systems aren’t that way.
I haven't used a separate planning tool in great depth like Adaptive. Our company used Host Analytics prior to Adaptive but I didn't have a lot of experience with it.
Do you think Workday Adaptive Planning delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Workday Adaptive Planning's feature set?
Did Workday Adaptive Planning live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Workday Adaptive Planning go as expected?
Would you buy Workday Adaptive Planning again?
Workday Adaptive Planning is well suited for building plans from the bottom up and involving other departments within your business. You can set up processes that allow you to track from within the system, the progress of the departments and imputing the data that’s required. The system is less appropriate for static planning, as the system is suited to be used for active planning and forecasting.
Workday Adaptive Planning Feature Ratings
Using Workday Adaptive Planning
2 - Data-driven, problem-solver, general curiosity about finance systems, accounting and finance knowledge base are all valuable skill sets to keep in mind when supporting Adaptive.
- Using the tool to be able to generate ad-hoc forecasts and plans
- Using Adaptive for monthly reporting and budget deck preparation
- Ability to generate flexible plans and change assumptions on the fly if needed
- We've started to use it to generate a statement of cash flow
- We use it to store a lot of our debt information to feed reporting and our plan
- We've utilized dimensionality in unique ways to assist in easy planning/maintenance
- Forecasted Cash Flow
- Improved Tracking of CapEx
- More in depth modeling of Personnel
Workday Adaptive Planning Implementation
We regretted trying to integrate massive amounts of operational data. We wish we would've integrated our data at a higher, more simple level.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - We learned that extra communication about the changes that were taking place was necessary. With all of our department keeping very busy, it was essential to take extra steps to make sure the changes taking place were understood by all.
- Integrating the data with Workday was time-consuming simply based on how different the two systems were at the time of our implementation.
- Recognizing that some of our Workday data was messy made it difficult to complete work timely.
- Integrating with large databases ended up failing because it was slowing down Adaptive. Adaptive planners will tell you that Adaptive is a planning tool, not a database.
Workday Adaptive Planning Support
The online support for Workday Adaptive Planning is very helpful. I go there at least once a week to find answers to questions and they’re usually very easy to find. If i’m unsuccessful in finding the answer, I email Workday Adaptive Planning support and they’re quick to answer, willing to help, and provide great clarity on the answer if you need it.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We did not purchase premium support. The support we receive from the Adaptive support team has been solid!
I won't list any specific examples, but generally when I reach out to support they do a great job of doing research if they don't know the answer off-hand. I always feel valued when reaching out to support and the service has been fantastic.