Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
Workfront is being used primarily to manage creative and communications workflows within our organization. It's being used departmentally, but by several marketing/communications departments across the organization. The primary business challenge Workfront has helped us address is transparency and visibility to creative and communications work that was previously managed using email, spreadsheets, and SharePoint lists. We're able to more easily assign work to our agency and freelance partners, track status and provide backup when folks are out of the office.
- Visibility to the work in process across the organization's various marketing teams
- Manages workflows for proofing & approvals
- Notifications and reminders when something has happened with assignments or something is due
- Reporting is sometimes challenging - lots of information and it's sometimes difficult to know which specific fields to report on to get the expected/desired results.
- Creating calendar reports - there's limited functionality to get the calendar to look exactly like you want it to.
- Workfront has provided a much greater ability to manage workflows consistently & with a high degree of visibility.
- Workfront has provided significant efficiency, which has allowed us to manage larger volumes of work with no staff increases -- in some cases, we've been able to manage through staff reductions without filling vacancies
- Users appreciate Workfront's ability to provide the guidance needed to ensure they're completing the right work in the right timeframes.
Our SharePoint environment was not open to our external agency and freelance partners. Workfront allows us to very easily manage work within our organization AND the work we need to assign outside our organization. Workfront does a much better job of actually managing the workflow and tracking the projects through to completion. SharePoint really only allowed us to capture the initial request and do minimal tracking. Workflow in SharePoint was challenging to set up.
Workfront is very well suited to managing creative and marketing workflows. I have talked to others who have used it for managing ALL of their project work, but we have not pushed it that far. We haven't yet come across a situation where it's not well suited. Our challenges in areas that have struggled have been more due to user adoption than lack of functionality.