Overall Satisfaction with Xactly Incent
It is used by the Sales and Finance teams. We provide visibility of the current year attainment to the sales, reps and managers and planners, as well as the estimates and calculations for finance.
- Detailed line items of credits and commissions.
- Flexible commission rules.
- Customized summary of incentive payout with different templates for different plan types.
- Too much configuration (a lot of fields to fill out without a template) to create simple rules that work.
- Some configurations are done in UI that requires both mouse and keyboard (but not with either one).
- Visual elements are really hard and time-consuming to configure.
- Being flexible means bigger chance to configure it wrong.
- Incent has integration and processing features to take care of some manual operations, cutting down costs on this.
- It has results available 24-7 cutting down expenses to support queries and provides information to get reps motivated.
I have not used other products before, but I do build an Excel database and I heard that smaller companies before their Incent implementation they start from excel too. I know how to build an excel database by myself too, but I ran into problems like the automatic calculation takes too long (after editing one cell) and it hangs the computer when it calculates. Links to and from other workbooks can also cause wrong calculations too. Xactly is better in getting the numbers correct.
From the numbers perspective, I do recommend Xactly Incent, because the system architecture is built with correct numbers and downloadable results in mind. The UI might not be the greatest, but the numbers are generated according to what you configure while commission rules being flexible are the most important requirements.