Likelihood to Recommend
NexusPayables is well suited for your invoice tracking and payments, especially for medium to large businesses. I would not recommend for smaller companies because I don't see the value for them. Once trained, the system is useful. However, the user interface is confusing without proper training and is not user-friendly. I highly suggest businesses invest in a specific set of people to be trained so that they can teach others to use the program.
I would highly recommend Tipalti to anyone who has to manage the payments of a large number of customers all over the world. It is extremely easy to set up and use. I would say it is well suited to anyone who meets the above requirement. I'm not sure about scenarios where it is less appropriate, but maybe for companies that only deal with a few customers.
Employee in Customer ServicePublishing Company, 11-50 employees
- The Tipalti portal is easy to use and provides a simple online site that allows me to process payments easily.
- Tipalti's portal archives reports and payment details that allows me to reconcile our payments at month end quickly and effortlessly.
- Tipalti tracks our partner's payment information and facilitates the payment process by communicating with our partners of banking information.
Director in Finance and AccountingMarketing and Advertising Company, 201-500 employees
- One frustrating problem we've had with payments is when payments bounce. Now this is not necessarily a problem with using Tipalti vs. using any payment processor, but sometimes it takes 1-2 weeks to even find out a payment has bounced and then another week or so for the payment to return to our account. It would be incredibly valuable to know as soon as possible when a payment has bounced so we can take the proper corrective action.
- The functionality that I would love to see is the ability to send a credit card payment token, with the idea of generating individual single use credit card numbers to pay our vendors by that method. With this payment method, Tipalti would be fully complete in my mind in the ability to send money.
- Paper checks are a little slow to send out, but then again, it's called "snail mail" for a reason.
No answers yet
No answers on this topic
Based on 7 answers
Tipalti helps us manage a lot of payments in each cycle to all around the world. That kind of service allows us to work worldwide and help us to monitor and audit our payment cycle in a very efficient way.
Based on 1 answer
NexusPayables FAQ and Help sections are not extraordinarily helpful. They will answer some questions, but most often, I have to bother my accounting co-workers because of the way the system is set up NexusPayables themselves can't help me most of the time. They tell me to refer to the program administrator.
Based on 7 answers
Great customer service! They do their absolute best when trying to resolve issues that arise. Though there are times where some issues do take more time to resolve than others and we'll have to come up with a workaround on our own. Overall, they are very quick in response times usually within the same day or a couple days at most.
Employee in Finance and AccountingReal Estate Company, 201-500 employees
Our company uses both at the moment, and I find that Concur Invoice is a much more user-friendly interface that is easy to use, easy to navigate, and extremely efficient. Unfortunately, we only use Concur Invoice for personal expenses and company credit card reconciliations at the moment, which is why we use NexusPayables for vendors.
I love how Tipalti has the early-payment offer option which allows payees to be able to accept or request their payment earlier than the due date. The early-payment offer option is also a good ROI for companies as a percentage of the fees deducted for the payee goes to the company. Other companies I've looked into do not offer what we need specifically handling international payments.
Manager in Finance and AccountingMarketing and Advertising Company, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
- Before implementing Tipalti, it took an employee several hours to process each of the four payment methods we offered, and collecting and updating both tax info and payment details was an ongoing task. Now, we no longer have to spend time on tax info or payment details and processing payments for all of our payment methods takes less than an hour.
- The ease of processing payments with Tipalti allowed us to greatly increase the number of payments we could process. Due to this, we were able to lower our payment threshold for our publishers which was extremely well received, especially our smaller publishers.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?