Likelihood to Recommend
Great for tracking time if you jump around to different projects often, but a huge learning curve - especially for those who are not as flexible with technology.
Feature Rating Comparison
Budget and Expense Management
- Time tracking. As long as you set up everything correctly on the front end, you don't have to think about it again and it will run in the background.
- Job management. Organizes jobs intuitively and can easily archive jobs.
- Support. If you ever have an issue or questions, they have a chat feature and will usually respond in a couple hours.
- The main area for improvement is exportability of data. It's tough to get full data out of Paymo. You can export most things in CSV format, but if you were to start with Paymo and want to switch to another project management and accounting platform, there would be substantial manual effort involved.
- There also aren't as many integrations for Paymo as some of the more mainstream project management suites. This isn't necessarily Paymo's fault. It's just a function of them still being one of the "little guys." Something to be aware of before you select this platform though.
We still use Trello and Slack, but Basecamp and HubSpot are too much for our operation to manage or integrate. Paymo is missing some of the tracking features of HubSpot and isn't as universally used as Basecamp but we've been with them for 8 years and they seem to know what matters most to their user base
Return on Investment
- Prior to Paymo, we had developed our own proprietary set of tools for managing our day to day operations. In order to keep up with the growth of our business, we would have had to spend a sizable amount of time and effort to keep our system maintained.
- Paymo allows us to remove the burden from housing this information on internal servers giving designers the opportunity to work remotely. In 2013, one of our project leads moved back to the east coast but we were never questioning what she was working on as Paymo let us know what project she was engaging with and when she was knocking out tasks.
- One of the biggest ROIs from Paymo was the ability to scale our organization without needing to worry about outgrowing our workspace. We have more designers and project managers than ever before but our office has remained the same size for more than five years due to the team tracking and collaboration tools Paymo provides.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
1. per user/per month
Paymo Editions & Modules
1. per user/per month