Paymo is a smart choice for project based businesseshttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementPaymoUnspecified8.2101012018-06-04T21:31:35.065Z
June 04, 2018
Paymo is a smart choice for project based businesses
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Paymo
Paymo is being used across the entire organization for managing time, projects, and workflows. This platform solves new client/project on-boarding, time management for designers, accounting and invoicing for AP/AR. Additionally, we've got this connected to our payment and payroll platform as well so this one tool manages a great deal of our day to day task management.
- Paymo is very good at consolidation of projects and has a dashboard that conveys a great deal of information in one place. At a glance you can see where artists are spending most of their hours or where client projects are starting to breach budgets.
- Payroll reporting is super simple and we've been able to automate that task every two weeks which eliminated the need for our payroll company's exorbitant fees.
- Having workflows created for projects allowed us to create templates for tasks which had us responding to RFP and bids much faster (ultimately resulting in more projects being won by our sales team).
- Payment processing is limited to PayPal, Stripe, and Auth.net. Opening this platform to banks or other processing companies could save us hundreds of additional dollars a year.
- Duplicating projects could be much simpler. We've created a 'zap' (thanks to Zapier integration) which allows us to do this for Paymo, but it should be a lot simpler to create a new project based off of a project you've already done for a client.
- Much like the above comment, we are responsible for doing similar work for clients on a monthly retainer. Having the ability to repeat or automate projects/invoices would be a real time saver.
- Prior to Paymo, we had developed our own proprietary set of tools for managing our day to day operations. In order to keep up with the growth of our business, we would have had to spend a sizable amount of time and effort to keep our system maintained.
- Paymo allows us to remove the burden from housing this information on internal servers giving designers the opportunity to work remotely. In 2013, one of our project leads moved back to the east coast but we were never questioning what she was working on as Paymo let us know what project she was engaging with and when she was knocking out tasks.
- One of the biggest ROIs from Paymo was the ability to scale our organization without needing to worry about outgrowing our workspace. We have more designers and project managers than ever before but our office has remained the same size for more than five years due to the team tracking and collaboration tools Paymo provides.
We still use Trello and Slack, but Basecamp and HubSpot are too much for our operation to manage or integrate. Paymo is missing some of the tracking features of HubSpot and isn't as universally used as Basecamp but we've been with them for 8 years and they seem to know what matters most to their user base.
We've found Paymo is a great solution for our small business (>30 people) that do project based engagements. Agencies and other organizations that have a lot of moving parts could really get their money's worth from Paymo.
Paymo might be too complex for a freelancer or individual designer and lacks the automated functionality for businesses that do the same type of work over and over for an individual client.