Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Commerce Cloud
Oracle Commerce Cloud (OCC) is used by the Digital Department to merchandise our assortment online. It provides the platform and online content management and promotion for our company. The responsive design speeds development of our mobile site, which contributes a growing amount of traffic. The platform scales well and easily manages the increase in page views and orders we see in the fourth quarter.
- Rapidly update product assortment and merchandising presentation.
- Responsive design reduces development time for desktop, mobile and tablet versions of the web site.
- Server infrastructure and CDN provide a reliable and extensible platform manages traffic bursts created by email, catalog mailings and fourth quarter seasonal surge.
- Integration with other Oracle web products, particularly Responsys. The more we can leverage our red apps together the better.
- Development of new services, such as Experiments and AI Apps, requires extensive trouble shooting by the customer. We can spend months working with Oracle to get these services to work correctly. On the plus side, Oracle is clearly committed to solving the issues we find and works aggressively to resolve problems.
- Upgrades to the application always seem to require a patch or two. This frequently extends the upgrade schedule, effecting our implementation plans and our own site enhancement schedule.
- There are a lot of contributors to our site growth, but with revenue up 20% year-over-year in 2018, OCC played a decisive role.
- Mobile traffic grew 22% year-over-year in 2018.
- Conversion and AOV are also both up year-over-year.
The upgrade cycle of OCC and the subscription model ensure we are always on the latest and greatest version of the platform. The responsive design makes it easier for small departments to provide an optimum mobile experience. The stability of the platform is far superior to our on-prem solution.
With development of Audiences, OCC is particularly well suited for providing UTM and geographic based personalization. We are a relatively small company with just one designer, one front end developer and four merchandisers so there are limits to how granular we can get in using the tools. There are also extensive B2B services available that we do not use at all. For smaller companies, OCC, may be more horsepower than they need.