Score 7.7 out of 10
Autodesk Fusion 360

What is Autodesk Fusion 360?

Autodesk Fusion 360 is a cloud-based 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE tool which integrates design, modeling, and simulation capabilities.

Lacks any support

July 28, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Autodesk Fusion 360, and make your voice heard!

Fusion 360

per month

Fusion 360 Free

Free

Product Demos

Feature Overview
06:08

What is Autodesk Fusion 360?

Autodesk Fusion 360 Video

Wrapping your head around all of Fusion 360's capabilities can be tough! That's why we put together a concise video, that tries to do just that. ►GET STARTED | https://autode.sk/2HaB2Jk FREE TRIAL | https://autode.sk/2uLm8a6 SUBSCRIBE | https://autode.sk/2q61ZpD C...

Autodesk Fusion 360 Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

July 28, 2022

Lacks any support

I use SOLIDWORKS mainly for all our designs but use Fusion 360 for the CNC machining. This was a good simple and cost-effective solution to our CNC programming needs. However, last week Fusion 360 changed the post process and this threw up several warning symbols which were not there on the older version. This is when the real issues with Fusion 360 started as there is NO customer service and really poor technical help. The difference between SOLIDWORKS and Fusion 360 after sales is stunning. With SOLIDWORKS you call a telephone number and a person picks up, your talk through your problem, they understand and if needed log on to your PC and explain the issue. You come off the telephone feeling you have added to your knowledge all within 30 minutes. Fusion 360, if you have a problem like I did last week you have a to book a scheduled call being the UK this meant 7pm on a Friday night 4 hours after I needed the help. When the call did come through it lasted a total of 5 minutes and 13 seconds and I was told they were unable to help as it was beyond their technical help and I was to post my issue on the forum. I'm not a big user of social media and I would honestly prefer not to be posting my issues for all to see and for this to be the only means of communication I find really unprofessional. However, as I couldn't use my CNC without fear I would be crashing the head into the bed I posted my issue. I had 2 replies the first was as follows "we are not changing the post processor back and it's not that difficult" (but no real help or advise), the second from engineguy (mentor) saying we have been posting on the forum for months the changes and I should be reading the forums and watching the videos. With a small business I really do not have time to be sitting down reading forums and watching videos I already work 50-60 hours per week. I have now been unable to use my CNC machine for 2 days I cannot find any direct way of speaking with Autodesk or Fusion.

The lost business and problems this package has cost me is way more than the total it costs for the year. I will be cancelling this subscription and finding a better more customer driven CAD company. You find out how good a company is when things go wrong and Autodesk/Fusion 360 have proved to me they are a really poor company.
Ahmet Aktaş | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Autodesk Fusion 360 in our 3D work. Thanks to its easy interface and fast speed, it supports our work. The best part of the program is that it provides easy access everywhere with our online account. I can also perform instant previews with the phone app.
vijay kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
When I transferred CAD date to my slicing software for printing, I found that in blend the data did not translate well. With [Autodesk] Fusion 360, I found that I was able to convert the CAD files immediately to a file type that could be used for slicing, then through that software create G Code for 3D Printing. It was absolutely critical to my company that we find the right software and [Autodesk] Fusion 360 checked every box!
Oral Tosun | TrustRadius Reviewer
Fusion 360 is a great tool for my company which serves online to 3d printing customers. It's a solid modeling tool which is a necessity for a good 3d printable design. Besides its solid features, Fusion 360 has a special module for 3d printing. It connects to another 3d printing software called MeshMixer created by Autodesk. 3d printable files must have a special extension called *.stl. and Fusion 360 easily handles this file extension without any hassles. There is an urgent need for a 3d printable file to have certain characteristics. If the design has some faulty places then it must be repaired before 3d printing. MeshMixer, which is reachable inside Fusion 360, does this job.
Jeff Eaton | TrustRadius Reviewer
I design 3D printable models for tabletop gaming, and produce one-off 3D printed parts for hobbyists who are prototyping new products. I often collaborate with other members of the local makerspace where a lot of the printing takes place, and Fusion 360 is one of the key tools for the work we do. It has a powerful set of CAD tools for designing precision models, and its hobbyist-friendly licensing terms make it a good choice for designers who want a powerful tool but can't (yet) justify a high-end price tag.
I use Fusion 360 to make sample parts for customers who would like to see the capabilities of our 3D printers. It makes designing for 3D printing easy and painless but is also extremely powerful. I can always rely on Fusion 360 to make parts that print great every time. Having very little time to learn new software, Fusion was easy to learn and I was designing models in minutes when I first started.
I'm using Fusion as my one and only solution for 3d printing design. I mostly model electronic gadgets cases and simple toys. It's an absolutely brilliant tool if you need to model some objects quickly and precisely. It allows me to collaborate with my colleagues on one project or share my private designs with a team.
Tyler Grudowski | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Fusion 360 as a quick and simple way to easily draw things out. It is a much faster-loading and quick software than SOLIDWORKS, so I like to use it for quick 3D CAD modeling and drawing. It is strictly used by me, as the primary and only design engineer. It helps me quickly model ideas that I have in my head to see what they look like physically.
Fusion 360 was solely used in the design department to conceptualize and visualize concepts in 3D. Turning sketches into 3D objects then helped us present ideas to upper management and, in some scenarios, important stakeholders. This proved to be a valuable advantage as stakeholders and those alike could see the same vision as me, the lead designer on the project. Previously, stakeholders were presented 2D drawings or other resources, that oftentimes caused more unnecessary questions. Details of 2D sketches and drawings were often lost in translation. On top of that, Fusion 360 provides the extra outcome of being able to rapidly prototype ideas with a 3D printer, something that was often overlooked before. This has provided us with valuable feedback early on in the design process.
Fusion 360 allows for quick designs and has a relatively small learning curve. Simple designs are easy to produce. It is being utilized on an individual basis for evaluation. Additionally, I have used the software for small hobby projects for the home and car.
Samuel Crawford | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Fusion 360 to create photorealistic renderings for high-quality branding elements and marketing visuals. We use it only within our design department and use the outputted PNG files alongside Adobe Creative Cloud programs to add engaging backgrounds and effects. If we were not to have Fusion as a resource, we would be reliant on stock, pre-designed Photoshop mockups that have only graphic replacement capabilities as opposed to the freedom of directional control, lighting, realistic 3D effects, textures, exposure, and perspectives.
Luciana Montivero | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's used for designing different models for 3D printing. I decided to use this program because of its really nice interface and that it's a really complete app for 3D modeling, while not being hard to use. We haven't had any business problem while using it since it's a really easy-to-use app.
Alejandro Daniel Copati | TrustRadius Reviewer
In my organization, Fusion 360 is used to design our 3D prototypes to make 3D printings and test the products before the final version. I am working in the electronic development department, but we collaborate a lot with the design department because all the electronics have to fit in the prototype perfectly. We make the stuff at the same time all together.