Avira Antivirus Reviews

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is not being used across the whole organization. It is more on an individual basis. It address the business problem of having a AV solution that is easy/intuitive to use, along with having one that doesn't use a whole lot of system resources to install or when running on a client computer. Also, it addresses the problem of finding a good AV solution that is lower in licensing costs. Lastly, it is really good for organizations that need a solid solution in terms of virus detection, as Avira is one of the higher-rated ones on the market today.
Aura Munguia Cepeda | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 14, 2019

Avira protects

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

For many years, I have used Avira antivirus, both on my personal laptop and on my mobile phone. I started to use it because before I was not careful with the websites I visited and despite having another antivirus (AVG), from time to time I had to ask my boyfriend or a friend to help me clean my laptop, and even in several times I had to reinstall everything from 0, since I lost data or I got infected with viruses that did not allow me to enter files and folders. One day, browsing a forum and looking for an antivirus that was good and free (at that time I thought that paying for an antivirus was not a good idea) I found AVIRA. It had very good references, was light and did not take much RAM. The truth is that since I started it I have never used another antivirus and never again lost files due to a virus, even now I have a paid version that is much better than the free version and I also recommend it to my colleagues. I work every time someone arrives with a new laptop.
Read Aura Munguia Cepeda's full review
Michelli Capecchi | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Avira is an excellent antivirus that we have decided to implement throughout our company to protect all our computers and keep them free of viruses, ransomware, Trojans or spyware. This is how, thanks to that, we are able to focus on what our work is and not worry about the safety of our data as well as our clients', because when it's working in real time and in the background we are protected in every step we take and can focus in our activities without any problem because we are not interrupted by it.

Its premium version is very suitable to implement in companies regardless of the size of them because it is a software capable of protecting a large amount of equipment and one of the advantages is that being premium does not present advertising, that is, the equipment has no problems. which is used since there is no slowness. Its free version is suitable for home computers since it complies with the basic protection, but it is enough to protect one or two computers.
Read Michelli Capecchi's full review
burt smith | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Where to start? ... I have used Avira Antivirus on my personal laptop for about four or five years. I started using it because at that time I used another antivirus and its operation was not the most optimal since every so often I infected my laptop with viruses, trojans or spyware ... (I know that much of that is my fault because at that time I was downloading programs from any site and I was not careful). Due to these constant infections, I decided to look in the forums for some recommendations for antivirus and in a casual way (after using several different antiviruses), I reached Avira Antivirus. The truth is that my decision to stay with Avira Antivirus has not disappointed me. From that moment, I do not remember having any new infections. It works much better than my previous antivirus because whenever it is faced with a malicious file, it warns me and gives me the option of ignoring or deleting the file, which is great.
Read burt smith's full review
george wilson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 12, 2018

Protect your PC

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I starting using Avira Antivirus two years ago or maybe a little more, and for almost a year, I recommend it to my colleagues and even my relatives. I came across Avira almost by chance, after having a virus problem in an old computer, in which I used another well-known antivirus. That unfortunately did not prevent the infection or help me clean my computer of the virus that I found, and it encrypted a lot of my files on my hard drive.

After this happened, I went to different forums looking for information about good antivirus to switch to, and everywhere said that Avira had two things that I needed; Pretty effective as antivirus, and low resource use. So I decided to try it, and from there we have not separated, and it has always worked very well. With proper care I have not had serious problems of infection by viruses or other malicious software.
Read george wilson's full review
Floyd Peterkin Bennett | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use Avira Antivirus on my personal computer. With its updated version for 2018, Avira Antivirus maintains the same effectiveness as always against malware, but also, thanks to its improved protection technology in the cloud, it gains speed in detecting threats and vulnerabilities that can endanger the security of any PC or Mac. All this, with a minimum percentage of false alarms. To deal with the most frequent problems of identity theft, Avira Antivirus has several tools that serve both to protect against attacks by hackers, as well as to make purchases and banking operations on the Internet in a secure manner.

In addition to its protective shield against malware (also adware and spyware) when we surf the Internet, and the analysis of programs and documents on our hard drive, Avira Antivirus provides useful add-ons to malicious codes, such as Email Protection, which analyzes incoming e-mails in search of infected attachments and links; a special system that repairs the damages that some virus, Trojan... can produce; or the so-called Self-defense, a reinforcement that prevents malicious software from altering or disabling antivirus protection.
Read Floyd Peterkin Bennett's full review
Benjamin Cornejo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Avira Antivirus was used by me and by some people I worked with (4 out of 7 of us use Avira). We used it because of the good experience we had when detecting malicious files inside a .rar file, as well as when blocking access to pages that could contain a virus, be a scam or contain some phishing method. Also, if at some point a strange element was missed, then it allowed blocking the connection or the use of some suspicious file.
Read Benjamin Cornejo's full review

Avira Antivirus Scorecard Summary

About Avira Antivirus

German company Avira offers endpoint protection via its antivirus solutions available for businesses in multiple editions which protect endpoints, networks and servers against threats and malicious activity, and scan for viruses and malware as well as phishing and web attacks.